Chapter Three - 2: The Game

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KASO SUKEO! (29th Nov). not like he deserves to have a good day but oh well, gotta treat all ur kids equally according to the social services 🙄🙄

since every birthday up until today has been on a posting day, i've decided to make it tradition that we post on an oc's birthday for continuity

since every birthday up until today has been on a posting day, i've decided to make it tradition that we post on an oc's birthday for continuity. therefore, if a character is so unfortunate to not have their birthday on a posting day, we will delay the post! usually i will try to give some notice so check the conversations tab on my page if you're concerned about missing a post!

My feet tap against the veneer wood floor, waiting for Monokuma to make his next move. He stands motionless with his back to us, that same faint whirring sound still ever so prominent. Like some sort of air conditioning. Or mechanical strings being pulled in his little body.
"I really can't be arsed explaining," He says suddenly, turning back to us with a sharp snap, "So I'll let the handbooks do the talkin'! Night night, motherfuckers!"
That last sentence triggers some sort of alarm in me, my heart racing. What the hell is he talking about?
And yet before I can even begin to question it, a hiss sounds in the room. A low, constant hiss. Like an air freshener that never stops.
We look up to the ceiling, only to see gas pouring in from the metal panels. It comes rolling as it charges towards us, engulfing us in the thick smog. It's the smell that hits me first - an acrid stench of solvent and rotting carcasses swarming my nostrils, ticking every follicle of hair. My head starts to pound, as if all the weight has drained from it, and I can feel my feet grow weaker under my own mass.
Slowly, slowly, my body gives out.
And then black

**********************************

9:05 AM

Still black. Perhaps all I've ever known. Just this blank slate of nothingness staring back at me like a gaping void. Wrapping me in its cold, frail arms with a tight grasp, never letting me go.
Until I open my eyes.
Light floods my eyes as I slowly regain consciousness, an off white ceiling greeting me, coffee stains and all. This feels oddly familiar. Perhaps too familiar.
Almost as soon as life comes flowing back to me, I sit up, trying to steady the dizziness still swimming in my brain.
It's the same white walls and floor, though smaller. Much smaller. With one of those dreaded wooden doors I had seen before, two on either wall beside me. As if they're leading to other areas.
Am I in one of those rooms?
Immediately, I scramble to my feet and clamber at the door, trying to pull, push, kick, anything I can possibly do to bust the thing open, but it doesn't budge. No sign of a lock or a key, just a door wedged shut by some unbreakable force. I try the other two doors but to no avail. They remain as tightly shut as if they've been welded together.
Sighing, I suppose this is Monokuma's version of an additional motive, and scan the room. It's plain, with a single bed and lamp. Behind the bed is another small door leading to an en-suite bathroom, though much lesser equipped than our personal dorms.
Before I can do anything, I remember Monokuma's final words before my body hit the ground.