Chapter Four - 4: Outburst

CW: this chapter contains homophobic language. if you are uncomfortable with the use of the 'f slur' please proceed with caution. i am queer myself so i have deemed the word appropriate in context, but if you are uncomfortable with the specific word or homophobia in general, please be wary of the language used. this chapter is important, but if you wish to skip you can dm me to ask what happened :)

hey guys, thanks so much for 4k reads! i'm aware we have some new readers as of recently and i couldn't be more grateful. <33 thanks for tuning in and sticking around.

also....

we had two birthdays this week!

mitsuharu's was the 17th july and ayana's was the 19th! i headcanon that they would share a party because their birthdays are so close

As the doors swing shut, Kohi's grip on my hand immediately loosens, his hand returning hastily to his short pocket. Bewilderment flows through my mind, unsure why he even bothered to hold my hand in the first place - but once again I brush it off. Perhaps another façade  for Ayana.
Without thinking, I avert my eyes to the clock hung on the wall. Same old clock.
And once again, same old time. 10:00
'The hands haven't moved since we got here,' I ponder to myself, squinting. A wooden clock, almost hand-made looking. An ornate piece that can't have been cheap. And yet it doesn't move, so pretty with no functionality.
It can't just be broken.

"H-hey, are you coming?"
Kohi's voice pulls me out of my head, and suddenly I feel my feet firm on the floor. Wallpaper, windows; I'm back in the room.
With a meek expression, he turns to me, eyes wavering as he tries his best to maintain his glance.
My silence causes him to raise an eyebrow, as he says "The bar, I mean..."
"Oh! Right," I giggle, scuttling on up beside him as we stroll through the corridors and out through the 1-B exit.

Mitsuharu's words cling to every crevice of my mind as I walk with Kohi, scratching at the tissue. Every wall that passes comes with the urge to slam my head against it to stop myself from thinking. Urges I must resist.
Everything's okay. He'll be at the bar. You can ask him about it then.
Kohi slides his handbook back into his bag, though I'd never seen him take it out. Perhaps he was sending the odd text.
Or maybe...
"Hey, Kohi," I gulp, nerves in my voice, "Why're you checking your handbook?"
He glances to me, confused, "Huh? Oh, was just letting the others know we're heading to the bar. I kinda forgot earlier...ha."
As he scratches the back of his neck, he turns away from me and keeps scurrying on ahead to the Entertainment Building, flinging the doors open and marching through them.