Chapter 2, The Flaws of Life

ابدأ من البداية

"They did?", I inquire, my brows crease together.

"Mhmm"

"Well, I'm guessing they weren't compliments now were they?", I scoff, rubbing my neck nervously. Itachi remained silent and that confirmed it.

"What so ever they're all a bunch of geezers any way", I sigh in an attempt to sound ignorant to the idea of what they've talked about me.

"What are you doing here anyway?", Itachi asks, tilting his head to the side, inspecting my face.

"I was training at the training site", I truthfully say and cross my arms over my chest.

"But the training site is a good distance away from this clearing, how'd you end up here?", Itachi asks, more like interrogates, while adjusting his headband.

"That's because I was perfecting my teleportation technique".

"Teleportation technique?", Itachi mutters in disbelief .

I nod, elaborating, "The Second Hokage, Tobirama Senju developed this technique".

"And the Fourth Hokage, Minato Namikaze taught you this technique?"

"Well yeah I'm his disciple, so it's natural that he'd teach me Ninjutsu. But there's no direct relation between us except that we were one of the very few Namikaze clan members".

"I see", Itachi mumbles to himself before turning his back on me and informing, "We should get back to the village".

"Right", I answer back and decide to follow him. I suddenly halt, focusing on the numbness that's quickly scattering throughout my body.

A piercing pain shot through my temple, making my vision blurry, and my posture unsteady. "Damn it!", I hiss to myself when my knees unbuckle from underneath me, leaving me laying on the ground, and gasping for air. I feel my face burning red as I try to fill my lungs with air. All that pressure during training and the stress from this encounter had finally taken its final form. I over did things this time.

"Hanabi?", Itachi glances over his shoulder. "Hanabi what happened!?", Itachi rushes to my side and kneels beside me. Slowly propping my head on his lap. My vision is extremely bleary at this point that I barely see Itachi's face. My lungs feel like they need to inhale double the oxygen that it usually does.

Itachi rests his palm on my forehead, inspecting my body temperature. "This is bad, Hanabi it seems like you overdid things".

Of course I overdid things, how could I not overdo anything when I'm angry and no one listens to me? That Danzo of the Foundation has never left my nerves all day long.

There wasn't much I could see at this point, but I felt like I'm being lifted. My cheek rested on what felt to be Itachi's shoulder, he took hold of my weak arms and laced them together on his chest. I held my laced fingers together as much as I could as Itachi placed his hands at the back of my knees.

Piggy ride yayyy!

During our journey back to the village, all I heard was Itachi's panting. All I could see were nature's greenery and dark strands of Itachi's hair twirling in the wind. His ponytail would eventually come loose, making his locks tickle my face.

"Itachi..", I manage, my eyelids feeling heavy.

"Shhh"

And so I close my eyes and bury my face in the nape of his neck.

***

"Itachi?", I opened my eyes into slits as my ears recognized that concerned tone of voice.

"Kakashi senpai!", Itachi exclaimed as we come to a sudden stop. I couldn't muster up a single word, my limbs aching from today's training.

"Hanabi!!", Kakashi somewhat yells and rushes to pick me off of Itachi's back.

"What happened?!"

"I -she overdid it with training, Kakashi senpai", Itachi offered to elaborate.

"Oh Hanabi! This isn't looking good, she needs medics to attend to her wounds and fast!", Kakashi orders Itachi.

"We need to take her to the Leaf's hospital!".
———————————-

A/N:- Anyone invested in the story yet? If so drop your thoughts down below cause this fan-fic won't be like any other one you've read before.

~A