Chapter 8

"So let me get this straight," Ink says as he paces back and forth "this guy that has the same aura and looks very similar to Dream, is most likely Dream but from another Multiverse if we base it on what you've come to conclude?"

Nightmare nods and they all watch as he continues pacing.

"He seems to be more powerful than our Dream is and has the ability to weaken most of us with just his aura alone, which in turn also makes Dream stronger if he's around."

Another nod.

"So you two have felt his aura a long time ago but thought it was just nothing when it suddenly disappeared and didn't resurface for weeks."

Another nod.

"But Nightmare ended up meeting and having a fight with him, and somehow the other Dream ended up getting interested in him for whatever reason."

Another nod from Nightmare followed by a small growl from Killer.

"He hasn't made a move to approach the rest of us and seems to have his attention solely on you, and not in a way that you'd like?"

A sigh followed by another nod.

"We've seen him both actively flirt and try to kidnap you as well basically and that was on, what you claim to be, your second encounter with each other?"

The growl from Killer was more prominent this time as Nightmare nodded yet again.

"So however we look at it, you're the target and he wants to kidnap you?" Ink asks, stopping to stare at the negative skeleton and receiving a nod in confirmation. "And you have absolutely no idea why that is?"

"No, and I don't know if I want to find out." Nightmare grumbled, shivering slightly as he thought of what SD's motives could possibly be. Nothing good that's for sure.

"That means our priority right now is to make sure he doesn't get you." Dream states and Error nods slightly in agreement, causing the guardian to smile slightly. It looks like he agrees, makes them more likely to accept his offer then.

"And since when did we agree to work with you?" Killer asked as he crossed his arms, still glaring childishly at Ink who did the same.

"Since we got dragged here after I found out that my brother was directly involved and is in potential danger." Dream stated and continued on before he could be interrupted "You all saw how strong he was, we can't take any chances and you'll need all the help you can get in keeping Nightmare as safe as possible."

"But we don-"

"K-kIlLeR jU-uSt sHUt u-Up aNd-D a-AcCepT t-ThEIr HeLp, DrEa-Am hAs a PoInT." Error interrupted and their attention turned to him as they gave him a surprised look.

"Wait, don't tell me you're actually agreeing with him?" Dust asks, voice containing a bit of disbelief and amusement.

"A-aS mUc-Ch As I-I h-HaTe t-To S-sAy it, W-we'Ll P-prObA-aBlY be NeE-eDiNg thE-eIr h-HeLp iN t-ThIs."

"We do NOT need their help and they can just fuck off and leave already." Killer grumbled as he stubbornly turned his head and looks away with a huff. Can't the Star Shits just leave already? He gets enough of them already from just fighting, now they might have to actually stay here for who know how long?

"Do you want Nightmare to get kidnapped by that other me or do you want to keep him as safe as possible?" Dream asked as he arched a brow at him.

"Well of course we want to keep him safe-"

"Then I suggest you just accept our help, you clearly saw how powerful the other me was. We can't risk anything-"

"Well we might be risking more by actually accepting your help-"