Chapter 47: Dead Men Tell No Tales IX (Epilogue)

A/N: We trended on Twitter up to the 3rd spot last night! Thank you sa nakisali sa biglaang Twitter party. Please use the hashtag #ProjectLOKI when tweeting your comments, reactions or theories. I'm reading and favorite-ing all of them!

This is the epilogue part of Chapter 47, not of the story. Since this update may contain a revelation, I'm again asking you not to post any SPOILERS. Reaction posts, memes, and GIFs are okay, as long as they do not give away the context.

Let's not ruin other people's reading experience. Thank you!

 Thank you!

LORELEI

"ALISTAIR! JAMIE!"

I snapped myself out of being stunned. This wasn't the time to stand by and watch! I squeezed myself into the crowd, pushing them away as I tried to reach the area cordoned by the police.

Please let me through!

Nang makarating na ako sa unahan, sinubukan kong pumuslit sa area, pero may ilang taong humarang sa akin at sinabihan akong huwag lumagpas sa linya. I repeatedly told them that those are my friends, but they were not listening. They did not care. Wala akong nagawa kundi tumayo rito at manood.

The police officers pulled out a body from the driver's seat and carefully lifted it to the stretcher. I gulped. Halos malaglag ang puso ko nang makitang hindi gumagalaw ang katawan nito. It looked limp. They covered the body with a white cloth, but the blood seeped into the fabric, near the head part.

Nanikip ang dibdib ko. Lalong bumilis ang aking pahinga. I was praying that I was wrong. But I couldn't be mistaken. The model, the color and the plate number. They all matched Alistair's car. Ilang beses kong dinouble-check kung 'yon nga talaga. Sana nga'y namamalik-mata lang ako. But there's no doubt about it.

I know that this may sound cruel and insensitive, but I hope somebody else was driving the car. Sana hindi si Alistair. Sana wala si Jamie roon.

Please be alive!

What completely shattered my heart into pieces was when they pulled out a second body from the car. I could see the blood dripping down the fingers. They also covered it with white cloth that was quickly stained with blood. Base sa figure ng katawan, masasabi kong sa isang babae 'yon. Doon na ako kinutuban.

But that could have been someone else, right? RIGHT? Baka may ibang taong nakisakay sa kotse—

Oh, my God. Oh, my freaking God.

A long, braided hair dangled on the side of the stretcher. I clapped my hand on my mouth and tried to control myself from screaming.

This couldn't be possible. This couldn't be happening!

I clutched on my chest as I tried to catch my breath. Naging slow-mo ang galaw ng mga tao sa paligid ko. Naging mabagal ang pagdala ng mga pulis sa mga katawang nasa stretcher. The heartbreaking scene in front of me turned black and white. The only thing with color was the blood on the cloths.