Chapter 43: The Last of Augustus II (The Order)

A/N: Would I let 2019 end without a regular chapter update? Of course not! Here's my treat to everyone who has been patiently waiting for the plot to finally move forward!

Oh, here's another awesome New Year artwork by chiire_dumo!

Previously on Project LOKI...

Augustus Moran, the editor-in-chief of Clark Clarion and one of Moriarty's generals.

"Two years ago, he was a news correspondent. The next year, he was promoted news editor. Today, he's the editor-in-chief."

The articles about cases that might be related to Moriarty were all written by him. Was it just a coincidence or was it...

"If my hunch is correct, Gus was probably recruited early on, not when he was already EIC."

"Gus is considered as the databank of the org. Kung may kailangang i-blackmail, meron siyang material na pwedeng gamitin."

"Stein told me that he never gave Gus the order to start a mudslinging campaign against our club."

"That act wasn't sanctioned by Moriarty himself, though he did nothing to stop Augustus."

"After the demolition job failed, Gus was extremely upset at someone in the group."

"Why am I sensing that there's a brewing conflict inside Moriarty's organization?"

"When Stein was in a coma, the organization became paralyzed. They were concerned kung sino ang nasa line of succession sakaling hindi na siya magising."

"The fact that Moriarty let him do what he wanted during the QED v. Clarion case supports our theory that he is an important piece on the chessboard."

"The fear of getting exposed will expose him more to us... If he has ears in every corner of the campus, we shall have the ears and the eyes in places where he thinks he's safe."

LORELEI

LORELEI

PAGKUNOT NG noo. Pagbuntong-hininga. Marahang pag-iling ng ulo. 'Yan ang mga reaksyon ni Margarette habang binabasa ang proposal ni Loki. It was three pages long, single spaced, font size: 12. Everything that she needed to know about the plan, nakalagay na roon.