Chapter 42: Hail to the Chief III (Rendezvous)

[THE QED FOUR REUNITED by chiire_dumo]

LORELEI

"JAMIE WAS working for Moriarty, and Loki already knew about it?" Alistair asked, sipping from his canned soda. "I knew that something was strange about that girl. My hunch was right all along."

He wasn't that surprised, huh? Weeks ago, he told me that Jamie was hiding something. It turned out that he was right. The confrontation two nights ago revealed where Jamie's original allegiance lie.

"Hindi na ako nagulat na alam na ni Loki ang katotohanan," Al lowered his gaze at me. "He's always one step ahead of everyone. But he should have told you about what he knew, so you wouldn't feel left out. He may have his own reason, but still..."

Matagal na akong naghahanap ng makakausap tungkol sa isyung 'to. I'm glad that Al is back to hear me out. I always had this conversation with myself in my mind, thinking if my reaction was too much or justified.

"Loki trusts Jamie despite everything," I added, recalling what he told me earlier. "And he said that we should trust her too. She shared an intel about Augustus channeling some funds from the Clarion to Moriarty's organization. And that's what we are going to work with."

"If Jamie remains loyal to Loki's archnemesis, given the information she provided, isn't she risking too much?" Al asked, throwing his empty can of soda into the trash bin. "Augustus is one of Moriarty's pillars and if we manage to take him down, Moriarty's stage is an inch closer to collapsing. The narrative suits well with her trying to get revenge over her brother's death."

Pababa na kami papunta sa execom office, kung saan ang meeting place naming apat. I was expecting Loki to be surprised to see that Al is back in action. And Jamie, as well.

"After everything that happened, I'm still suspicious of everything around me," I said. "I told her that I have already forgiven her, but why do I still doubt her? Loki doesn't seem to share the same view."