SPECIAL: Marigold

A/N: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! I dedicate this special chapter to your moms, to those of you who are already moms and to those who feel like moms to other people.

Medyo intense ang mga nangyari sa nagdaang chapters kaya cooldown muna tayo ngayon. Enjoy reading!

 Enjoy reading!

LORELEI

MY MOM passed away when I was still a child. Medyo vague ang mga alaala ko sa kanya. But my heart knows that I miss her dearly. I miss how she carries me in her arms. I miss how she calls me "Lori." If I had known that she'd be gone, sinulit ko na sana ang mga panahong magkasama kami noong bata pa ako.

Today is the first Mother's Day that I'm away from home. My dad Walter and I used to visit my mom's grave to pay our respects. Isa 'yon sa mga piling moment na magka-bonding kami ni papa. He sometimes tells me stories about my mom—how I look like her, how he can see her in my eyes, and how stubborn my mom was. Like mother, like daughter.

Since I can't visit her today, I'd offer my prayers to her later.

Lumabas ako ng kuwarto at nakitang nakaupo sa couch ang malaking teddy bear ko. Loki thought that my teddy was already his. Remember? My dad brought that giant stuffed toy when he visited my apartment. After getting annoyed at him, inihagis ko mula sa aking kwarto ang teddy bear at nasalo ni Loki sa sala. He later named it "Theodore."

Freya jumped on the couch and sat at the lap of Theodore. That teddy bear was one of the few things that remind me of my mom. She gave it to me as a gift when I was five or six. Since she was gone, lagi kong katabing matulog ang teddy bear na 'yan noon. I felt that my mom was watching over me as I slept. I felt protected.

"My sweet Loki, don't you have something to say to your mom?"

I found Loki lying on the couch. He was still in his pajamas. May binabasa siyang libro, I can't read the title from where I stood. Nakapatong sa center table ang kanyang phone at naka-loudspeaker pa kaya dinig na dinig ko ang kausap niya.

The female voice was familiar. Was that his mom, Tita Frigette?

"Congratulations, you're still alive today," Loki answered drily. Why was he talking to his mom like that? "Is that what you wanna hear from me, ma?"

Narinig kong napasinghal ang kanyang mama. "Nakalimutan mo na ba kung ano'ng araw ngayon? You're smart, Loki. You should know what day it is today~"

"Today is Sunday," Loki replied, turning the page of his book. "I don't need to be smart to know what today is. Anyone who has a calendar can answer your question."

"Alam naman natin na Sunday today. But what's special about it?"

"I can say with absolutely certainty that your birthday isn't today," Loki answered, darting a glance at his phone. "Dad's birthday is four months away. My birthday is in January next year. Luthor's birthday is... I don't know? Does he even have a birthday? Didn't he just magically emerge from a pentagram then you picked him up?"