Heartfelt Departures - 4 (Valentine Day Special Short Story Contest)

18 months later...

As I walked into the airport, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with memories - memories which involved a certain blonde with rectangular glasses and a hidden strength that I had once underestimated.

It wasn't the same airport where I had met her but I couldn't help myself as I glanced around the waiting area. In those eighteen months, I thought that I had seen twice but it always turned out to be someone else. It was ridiculous that I missed her sometimes but again, this wasn't in my power to control.

I stopped to scan the area and after a minute, when I didn't spot her familiar face, I sighed.

Someone tapped me on my shoulder from behind. "Hey, Mister! We don got all day, ya know!"

I blinked as I recognized that lively voice and froze in my tracks. Turning around slowly, I came face to face with a woman who had her blonde hair in a high ponytail and her brown eyes were twinkling behind those glasses.

Her smile widened and I saw her eyes tear up a bit. "Well, hi again blue eyes," she winked at me, causing a single tear to fall down her cheek. I tried to swallow the lump in my throat but failed.

"I thought I had cleared up that before," I said, trying to keep my voice even.

She tilted her head to the side, just like she had all those months ago. "I still stand by my observation: blue."

I chuckled. "Okay, before we get into another argument, can I have your phone number?"

She raised an eyebrow. "Easy, Tyler. I just met you a few months back and you're already hitting on me?"

I smirked. "I wish I had done that sooner."

This time I was the one who winked at her and she blushed, trying to hide her smile. I took that as a yes.

----The End----