Dear Death,

Dear Death,

We haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet.

I've heard so much about you and everyone who's ever mentioned you has so with tears in their eyes. People fear you and in a way, I do as well. So did Augustus Waters.

I dread the time when you shall come knocking on my door.

As the eldest of 6 siblings, I really thought that you'd come for me first after my parents. But instead, you choose to visit a little boy with dark, curly hair and twinkling eyes. You took my youngest brother.

He was in pain in his last hour so I'm not sure if you're cruel to take him away from us or if you actually saved him from further suffering. I am resentfully grateful to you.

However, I think that you're misunderstood by the masses. You're like the just hero in the shadows (no, I'm not talking about Batman) that nobody sings any praises about.

You treat everyone equally and in a way, I trust you. I trust that you'll be fair and that you'll come for me. I trust that you'll come for everyone without exceptions.

But I sometimes wonder if anyone ever thinks of you like the way you think about everyone. I think that you're lonely and that's why you visit so many people. In order to stall your sense of loneliness, you make the living lonely too.

You've been visiting a lot of people lately, Death.

How lonely are you?

-[Sarah]