Her Only Fear - 5 (Short Story Competition)

SHE slammed her door shut and took a deep breath as she leaned against it. That was close. She thought for sure that he was going to catch her. After a minute, when her breathing returned to normal as well as her heart rate, she closed her eyes and signed. True, she had escaped this time but for how long will she be this lucky?

She turned, still a little afraid and her eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. There sitting on a chair in her living room was her worst nightmare, smiling his twisted smile at her.

"W-What are you?" She choked out, backing into the door. She found no strength to run anymore, her legs seemed to be paralyzed.

He stood up and came towards her, a demonic glow in his eyes. His voice was merely a whisper when he answered her, "Something you're not."

----

Brea Casey was found dead in her apartment the next morning with her head separated from her body. Though, the police searched for her missing head everywhere in her apartment, their searches were in vain which left everyone baffled. A body without a head. Everyone who heard the story, spread around rumors that God had finally punished her for her sins or that her head had a mind of it's own and was now seeking another person to posses and control somehow.

They were too busy to notice a smirking tanned man with dark eyes standing just in the shadows.

----The End----