Heartfelt Departures - Prologue (Valentine Day Special Short Story Contest)

THEY say that airports are romantic. Well, I'd love the meet the guy who claimed that because they are anything but romantic! They are stuffy and everyone is always in a hurry to get to their planes to notice someone else.

Such were my views on airports but on that fateful day, I had to reconsider my thoughts, thanks to a great blizzard due to which all the flights had been delayed and I, along with other passengers was stuck on the airport for hours.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any more worse than this, a kid spilled his chocolate milk on my jeans. His mother apologized profusely but the damage had already been done.

You can only imagine my irritation and annoyance and in a haste to get to the men's bathrooms, I didn't notice the person sitting on the floor with her legs crossed underneath her, her face buried in a book. And the most embarrassing thing happened.

I fell.

On top of her.

Yeah, not exactly the smoothest first impression. 

****
All rights reserved. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author.
****