six; heart monitor

Start from the beginning

Ignoring it, Kennedy grabs her things, approaching Stiles. "So, uh, I thought you were mad at Scott." She hums, a smile on her face.

"Oh, I'm pissed at Scott." Stiles mutters, looking over at the girl. "But, he needs to learn control, and I don't think Derek's going to be a good teacher." The girl nods slowly.

"Okay, so what's the plan?"

༺❀༻

The trio walk on to the lacrosse field, Stiles sitting on the fence. "Okay, now, put this on." He says, handing a device to Scott.

The McCall inspects it, "Isn't this one of the heart rate monitors for the track team?"

"Yeah, I borrowed it."

Scott looks up with a raised brow. "Stole it." He corrects.

Stiles scoffs, looking up. "Temporarily misappropriated." He retorts. "Coach uses it to monitor his heart rate with his phone while he jogs, and you're gonna wear it for the rest of the day." Kennedy pulls out a phone from her pocket.

"Isn't that coach's phone?"

She nods. "Yeah, I stole it." She replies, nonchalant. The bruise on her cheekbone was still there, but it had luckily faded just enough to where Kennedy could cover it with heavy makeup. As long as she put powder on it throughout the day, she'd be fine.

Scott frowns, "Why?"

Stiles sighs, "All right, well, your heart rate goes up when you go wolf, right?" Scott nods. "When you're playing lacrosse, when you're with Allison, whenever you get angry. Maybe learning to control it is tied to learning to control your heart rate."

"Like the Incredible Hulk." Scott smirks.

"Kind of like the Incredible Hulk, yeah." The Stilinski shrugs, unsure.

Scott shakes his head. "No, I'm like the Incredible Hulk." He says, feeling much cooler than before.

"Would you shut up and put the strap on?" Stiles hisses. Scott laughs, putting on the monitor. "Kennedy, duct tape?" Scott's eyes widen as Kennedy walks over, holding up a roll of tape.

Soon, Scott is tied up in said duct tape. "This isn't exactly how I wanted to spend my free period." Scott says sarcastically.

Kennedy stands up, and Stiles grabs his bag of lacrosse gear. "All right. You ready?"

"No." Scott replies.

The brunette speaks up. "Remember, don't get angry." She says, nodding in reassurance.

Scott looks at the two teens as they set up the app. "I'm starting to think this was a really bad idea." Stiles soon begins throwing the lacrosse balls, giggling as Scott groans in pain. Kennedy hisses as one hits Scott's face. "Okay, that one kind of hurt."

"Quiet. Remember, you're supposed to be thinking about your heart rate, all right? About staying calm."

Scott nods. "Stay calm." He mutters to himself, dodging another lacrosse ball. "Staying calm. Staying totally calm. There's no balls flying at my face-"He groans in pain as another ball hits him. "Son of a bitch!"

"You know what? I think my aim is actually improving." Stiles says, earning a glare from Kennedy.

The teen wolf grunts, "Wonder why."

Kennedy speaks up, "Scott, don't get angry." She says.

"I'm not getting angry." Before he can say anything else, Stiles throws another ball. "Stop." Another, causing Kennedy to frown. "Just, can we just hold-" Stiles throws another, hitting him.