Ch. 32 - Reporting

Start from the beginning

On the flip side, the department heads couldn't access old quarterly reports. They could look over theirs for a month or so in case they wanted to hold a meeting about their recent numbers. But only the director kept access to them after that. It was a flawed system.

In all honesty, Yoongi wasn't surprised about this getting missed. If Jackson really believed that they were having a bad quarter, then he wouldn't hold it against anyone for lower numbers. But if they took the time to go back and look, it became increasingly obvious what was going on.

But he was pissed that it had taken someone this long to piece it together. And it was you, when it wasn't even your job in the first place. What kind of show was your dad running here?

The sound of his printer coming to life jarred him out of his thoughts. Jackson handed over the reports, waiting silently to see what would happen next.

Yoongi skimmed the numbers, pausing only to notice Jackson's numbers hardly ever faltered from where they should be. All that time he spent on the phone was worth something after all.

"This one," Yoongi commented, pointing out the large number differences under one name in particular. "Lee Seung-hyun."

"We call him Seungri in sales."

But Yoongi was hardly listening. He'd already picked up his phone. "Sun," he said. "Tell Lee Seung-hyun I need to see him in my office right away. Thanks."

Jackson cleared his throat. "Are you going to fire him?"

"He's working the system and obviously not meeting his quota. What other choice is there?"

"Let me talk to him first."

What?"

"He's part of my department and he snuck around under my watch. Let me talk to him before you make any decisions. It's the least I can do as the team lead."

Yoongi regarded him for several seconds. "Fine by me." He settled back behind his desk to wait. Jackson remained standing in front of it, although he spent that time marking things through on his papers.

Within ten minutes, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," Yoongi called.

A man walked in that he vaguely remembered seeing around the office. Talking to a lot of the females, if he remembered correctly. He wore a crisp white shirt and black pants, although he wasn't wearing a tie like the others present.

"I was told you wanted to see me."

It was not a question. His tone was commanding. Confident, even in the face of not one but two superiors that had summoned him on short notice. Yoongi had met many of his type before. And he felt no remorse for what was about to befall him.

"I suppose you have an explanation for this," Jackson began, handing the folder over.

"Oh, sorry about my numbers. The quarter's been a little slow for me," Lee replied with a shrug.

"Really? What about the rest of these?" he pressed, handing over the numbers for each member of the team. Yoongi realized that he had marked through everyone else's names before Lee arrived to keep them confidential. "How are you the only one not making your quota?"

"That's right. Come on, boss. You know how it's been this past year. If we're not getting new clients, I can't make sales. And with all the rumors flying around--"

"Lee," Jackson interrupted with a hard frown. "These numbers directly relate to when I was gone for vacations. They show that you're not pulling your weight."

The other man scoffed. "Of course you'd say that. You're the lead! You--"

"Lead or not, all of your peers managed to meet their quotas during each of these quarters. You're the only one who isn't. So I'm sorry."

"Sorry?"

"We're letting you go. Effective immediately."

Lee glanced between them in disbelief. "You can't do this. I've been at this company twice as long as you have." His gaze met Yoongi's. "Mr. Min? What about the loyalty I've shown?"

"Personally, I don't know what you're talking about," Yoongi replied coolly. "You're not fulfilling your job duties anymore and that's more than enough for you to be dismissed. Not to mention lying to two superiors."

He rounded on Jackson. "You...you think you're so high and mighty. I was passed over for promotion time and time again, but you get to be team lead? You're a child compared to me!" He pointed his finger at Yoongi. "And you! Where do you get off, acting like you actually own the place? Just because you're sleeping with the boss's daughter?"

Yoongi stood up.  "You're dismissed. I'd suggest you gather your things. Unless you'd like me to call security to assist you?"

"Fine. I don't need this company. I've got plenty of other offers." And with that, he got up and slammed the door as he made his way down the hall.

After a few seconds of silence, Yoongi picked up his phone. "Kyuhyun? Yeah, can you make sure that Lee Seung-hyun's card won't let him back in the building when he leaves? He's no longer an employee here. He's pretty ticked. Thanks, man."

Jackson scratched the back of his head. "Mr. Min, I'm sorry--"

"Don't be. You couldn't have known unless you were watching the quarterly reports. And it's obvious that you have enough on your plate keeping your numbers as high as they are. I expect your team to go above and beyond next quarter."

"Yes, sir! I'll make sure that we do." He hesitated for a moment. "Thank you for bringing it to my attention first."

Yoongi nodded. "You obviously care about your department. It was the least I could do."

"Does that mean that you'll come out drinking with us after all?"

"It means I'll think about it."