Ch. 13 - Plans

"I told you to say something earlier," Hoseok sighed as he continued mopping up the floor. Yoongi had barged into his dance studio before he closed just to talk his ear off and the poor instructor wanted to go home.

"If I'd known she was going to be cool about it, maybe I would have! Why didn't you tell me?"

Hoseok leaned on the handle of the mop. "Yoongi, I told you to talk to (Y/N). Not talk to her and then come complain to me."

"I'm not complaining about her. I'm complaining that you're somehow playing both sides."

"You understand that not everything is you or her, right? You should be on the same side."

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Maybe when it's an actual marriage. But she's playing for herself too, it's not just me." He shuffled his weight. "Did you know about her clause?"

Hoseok shook his head as he started mopping again. His friend had mentioned the clauses when he came bursting in, furious that she'd kept a secret supposedly hidden from him. He had seen the irony and refused to comment on it.

"She never mentioned it. But I've told you before, I hadn't seen her much before I found out she was your fiancee. Even then when I asked, all she said was that her parents were pressuring her to marry this stone-cold rich boy." Hoseok grinned in spite of himself. "I think she had you pegged from the beginning."

Yoongi ran his hand through his hair. Something about those clauses wasn't sitting right with him. Obviously it was some kind of privacy thing between your families, but he thought Hoseok would have at least warned him. The way he kept nudging him to tell you about his music made him think he knew something all along. But maybe he'd been wrong.

"Even if she had told me, I wouldn't have said anything," Hoseok pointed out. "Same way I didn't tell her about moving all your equipment or what you've been doing. That's your business, not mine."

"Yeah. You didn't even tell me you knew her until the rehearsal dinner." He sighed. "You're a good friend, Hoseok."

"Uh-oh. That sounds like you want something," Hoseok teased as he picked up the mop to put it back in the bucket. "What is it now?"

"Our parents are throwing this dinner soon to celebrate our marriage and it'd be nice to have someone else there other than family."

"Is Jin cooking?"

Yoongi shook his head. "Caterer."

"Damn. I'll still come, but let me know when we're having a guy's night. My bulgogi never tastes as good as his."

"You know my parents. Don't want "the help" anywhere near anything unless it's their job. After this shareholder's meeting and dinner blow over, I'll throw something together."

"Sounds good. Now scoot, will you? I have to lock up and go home."

Yoongi chuckled. "See you later."

"He's doing fine," you assured your mother. "He can't get the hang of everything in just a week, give him a little more time."

"But he's going to be ready for the shareholder's meeting, right?" she asked again. Even though it was through a receiver, you could hear the worry in her tone. "It's going to be a lot of work to push it back."

"We don't have to push it back," you assured her as you heard a heavy knocking downstairs. "Hold on one second, okay?"

Your mom was still chattering away on the other end of the phone as you looked through the peephole to see a familiar face. You quickly opened the door.