Ch. 19 - Musical Stylings

Yoongi glanced up as Taehyung entered his office.

"You're late," he said. His friend grinned in response.

"I said I would see you around lunch. The afternoon can still be lunchtime."

Yoongi sighed, standing up and throwing on his coat. "You're buying."

And with that, the two of them were leaving to go find Jin.

"Is Namjoon on any of your new tracks?" Taehyung asked.

"He's on the older ones, but nothing newer. He's been busy."

"I saw. Poor guy just got promoted and he's up to his ears in paperwork already. Your wife runs  a tight ship."

Jin glanced through the rearview. "We're getting close to the restaurant."

"So, how was the pitch you heard? We getting some new business from you?"

Taehyung shrugged. "You know I don't like putting my cart before the horse. But it seems likely. I may have to come back a couple of times before making a final decision."

"Don't make me call security on you, Tae. They'll mess up that pretty face of yours."

"You wouldn't kick me out. You love me too much."

Jin stopped the car and waited patiently.

"Yeah, yeah," Yoongi continued as he opened the door. "Just don't get too comfortable coming in as you please. The company isn't some playground, we're trying to work."

Tae caught Jin's raised eyebrow in the rearview mirror and smirked. "Yes, sir, Mr. Min." He followed suit.

"So, what have you got for me?" Taehyung pressed after they'd ordered their food. Yoongi slid his phone across the table, already queued up on a couple of songs.

"I've been polishing up the older stuff like you suggested. But these are the newer ones I've been working on."

Taehyung slipped an earbud in and pressed play on the first track.

"I like this beat. What do you call it?"

"I'm not sure. It's dedicated to all the silver spoons that want to hold the rest of us down. But you know that idiom about the crow breaking its legs?"

"The crow will break its legs trying to walk like a stork," Taehyung recited.

"Yeah, that's the idea of it. I might name it Crow or something instead."

"Not bad. We'll come back to it, but I like the feeling of it. It's a bit more of a perspective switch than your other songs so far. Where'd you get the idea?"

"It sounds like you, if that makes sense. It's honest and emotional," your voice echoed in his head.

"Just felt inspired to try something new," Yoongi replied. "You said it could help me with Lee."

Taehyung nodded. It was true that he wasn't in the music industry, but with his modeling gigs he'd had the opportunity to meet several musicians, producers, and talent scouts from various labels. And a lot of them approached him to try and get him to sign on with them.