Chapter 5: So That's How it's Gonna Be

Começar do início

   "Full story." You let out a long sigh. You didn't like that option but you went with it anyway. 

   "Well, I got injured. I blew out my knee and tore my ACL," You begin. "I can still jump a little, but not like I use to. The doctor said I can play every once in a while, but I can never go back to volleyball permanently," You say. Your hands begin to shake a little. Oikawa was shocked, but at the same time, he saw it coming. That's why most people leave sports.

   "How'd it happen?" You flinched at his question, and he could tell you were upset, but he needed to know.  You remain quiet. You really didn't want to talk about that part, but you had to. 

   "We were playing a practice game against our rival team." You needed to take a breath so your voice wouldn't crack. "My team practiced a double set up, so there were two setters on the court. Of course, I was the main setter and she was there in case we needed to switch things up. She didn't like me. I was always the better player and she hated that. So in the practice game, we were at match point. The Libro shanked the ball and neither of us could get to it. Another player sent the ball my way. I went up to spike it... but that other setter pushed me out of the way and stole my ball. I landed right on my knee. I tried to get up and put weight on it, but when I extended my leg I just felt a snap and fell to the ground again... After that, I couldn't play volleyball anymore," You finished. Your hands were shaking even more now. I was like you just relived one of the worst moments of your life. 

   Oikawa stayed silent for a while. You couldn't read his expression very well, but it looked like a mix between pissed, shocked, and disappointed. 

   "I'm sorry."

   "Don't be." You still didn't like it when people apologized to you. Even when they couldn't have done anything about it. "Look Oikawa, can you please keep this to yourself. I don't want people knowing." 

   "Why not?" He asked, genuinely confused. You pause and then hesitantly answer. 

   "I want a new start. I don't want to take my past with me."

   "That's a lie."

   "WHAT NO IT ISN'T!" 

   "You're just scared," He said with that mischievous smirk of his. Your eyes widen, and you become really quiet. "You're not the only one who can see through people's facades. I've been doing it for years Shorty. It was difficult to see through you at first, but now it's clearer than before." 

   Oikawa stands up from your table and begins to walk away. As he does this you look up from the floor and over at him. 

   "I don't think I'll keep your little secret," He begins. "It's more fun that way." He continues walking but you quickly stand up and run over to him, grabbing him by the back of the shirt. 

   "Please Oikawa," You say desperately. 

   "Nope." 

   "PLEASE."

   "No."

   "Come on Oikawa I'll do anything, just please don't tell anyone," You say, tears threatening to spill from your eyes. There was so much desperation in your voice. Oikawa had never seen you this vulnerable.         

   He began to smirk at your little bribe. 

   "Anything?" He asks. 

   "Yes, anything just please keep this between us."

   "Mmm ok then, we have a deal," Oikawa says spinning around to face you, with that fake smile plastered on his face, but right now it seemed more evil than anything.