Operation 4-3: Vortex

He was the hero of Reunion, the lost hero who paved the way to their triumph. Every soldier who was in Reunion for years knows who this person is. He was even hailed to become a legend by those who witnessed his battles and victories. Heck, even the newer and fresh soldiers of Reunion opted to see who this person was since those who fought with him kept on reminiscing the times of his existence.

Vortex.

And, as if he heard the desperate pleas of his fanatics, he returned. And no one expected that he would make his return out of the blue. Those who were on the battlefield of the frozen streets of Chernobog that who knew who he was, trembled upon his figure.

Rhodes Island was cautious because they had heard the rumors of this Vortex person. The only man who can compare against their very own Tempest.

On the other hand, Reunion was ecstatic. And that was just an understatement to describe how they were feeling. As for the Yeti Squadron, they would soon know why he was hailed so much.

"Leave." The word runs cold from his mouth, quivering the hands of those who heard it.

"T-This is bad." Dr. Fumi stated. "From what I heard, he's as strong as Reunion's leader."

"W-What do we do?" Meteorite looked desperately at Dr. Fumi, as well as many others.

The doctor wasn't sure what their next step would be. Vortex was an anomaly, she doesn't know what he's capable of and the extent of his strength. Her brain was rushing for a plan of action. Fight or flight, her body on freeze.

"So you're Vortex huh." Blaze clicked her tongue at him. "You're pretty strong yourself having knocked me away."

Vortex was rather calm. He knew how Blaze fights and how she would rather prefer not to engage unless necessary.

He knew her so well, and he wouldn't want to fight her at any cost.

"Operator Blaze." He calls out to her. "Rhodes Island can't win this battle. As such, I suggest that you and the rest will retreat while you still can. I don't want to fight without a proper cause, especially since that other than you everyone else is fodder."

Reunion was confused, why did the violent Vortex give Rhodes Island a chance to retreat? Even Rhodes Island was confused as to why he would let them escape. Still, that would mean that they can avoid any bouts. So it's a win-win situation.

'He's showing mercy?' Frostnova thought, which was weird since she assumed that Vortex was ruthless.

"You know, retreating would do us so good right now since I also want to avoid fighting fellow infected." Blaze hums with a smile before it turns into a scowl. "But hearing you call my friends 'fodder' is aggravating."

She then revs up her chainsaw, much to the surprise of Rhodes Island.

"Blaze what are you doing?! We have a chance to retreat, fighting them right now is pointless!" Amiya warns her.

"Sorry, but I can't just sit here and accept what he called you guys right after I had just arrived." She playfully retorted at her. "Don't worry, I'll just teach him a lesson not to underestimate us Rhodes Island." She then points her chainsaw at Vortex. "You and me, one fight, fight til you drop, no complaints?"

Vortex could only sigh. Not only because he never wanted to fight Blaze, but he's a bit embarrassed since his partner was caught up in her intent at justification. Other than that, he has to deal with this battle without having to draw any suspicion from both sides.

Luckily, he had a contingency plan.

'I have no other choice then. Forgive me, Blaze.'

Vortex looks back to one of the Yeti snipers.

♜♖The Tempest ♖♜【Arknights x Male!Reader】✵Arknights✵ [[HIATUS NOTICE]]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara