Operation 0-1: The Savior

The time is ticking as a couple of Rhodes Island squads are preparing themselves for a full scale rescue operation in Chernobog. The medics are packing their gear, defenders brushing their shields, guards sharpening their swords, and the leaders finalizing their plan.

"That's the basic groundwork for this operation. We get Dr. Fumi out of there before the catastrophe hits. Hopefully we can do this smoothly, Ursus government doesn't take us that well so we better be prepared for anything." A man geared up named Ace relays to his fellow leaders.

"We'll rendezvous with the main group if we lose communications, is that alright with you Doberman?" A kuranta defender known as Nearl said to her colleague.

"That is for the best." Doberman replied. "We'll depart in ten minutes, and remember, we have to complete this mission. Dr. Fumi is our number one priority and is a valuable asset to Rhodes Island. Amiya here can support that statement."

A cautus girl then puffs her ears as the looks on to them with determination.

"Right, once we recover Dr. Fumi, she can give us the commands we need to help aid our escape." Amiya said.

As they all agreed on their goal, Ace looked a bit tense.

"...shouldn't Tempest be with us on this important operation?" Ace perked up.

"He worked for three straight days without rest, so Dr. Kal'tsit ordered him to rest up for the remaining week." Amiya informed.

"Shame, him with us could guarantee our mission's success." Doberman huffed out.

"Give him a break, he's done a tremendous amount of work already. Maybe he might catch up with us soon." Nearl assured.

"No use talking about him now, we have an operation to do." Ace said as he loads his rifle.

"Right." They all replied as the rest of the operators load into the airships.

.

.

In a dim room, on a flax bed lined with the most comfortable cotton fabric, is a figure sleeping soundly laying while the afternoon light shines through his curtains.

The figure shakes a little bit as he removes the blanket over his body completely showing his black tank top and boxer shorts.

*yawn*

He scratches his head and checks the clock to see it's red outlines indicating 5:52 pm. He then looks around to see his room. His room consisted of a standard cambrian style furnishing with a sleek grey and white color theme, his furniture taming a lungmen look to it, his bathroom, and his dining counter.

He stands up and stretches before ambling towards his dresser to clothe himself in his usual uniform. He looks over to a mirror as his deep red eyes meet with his reflection.

His looks fits like a model, his expression looking blank but not aloof. He grabs his wrapped sword near his bedpost and puts on his transceiver as he makes his way towards the door.

The door slides open automatically as he comes face to face with a woman standing on a wall opposite of him. Her feline ears paired with her dark blue hair and her tall stature clearly giving away her identity.

"Looks like you just got up Tempest." She says with a tad bit of surprise.

"Yes, slept enough to be able to deploy again." He replies. "More importantly, how long have you been standing there Blaze?"

"I just got here thirty minutes ago. Dr. Kal'tsit told me that you would wake up at this time so she ordered to make sure you don't jump back into work right after you woke up." She said sternly.