Operation 5-3: Twisted

On the rooftops of the LGD headquarters...

*swing* *clang*

Vortex, Ch'en, and Blaze go at each other as everyone around them spectates the most heated fight yet in the war of Reunion. With Lana at the side ordered by her leader to stay put, she could only watch with everyone else as the three go at it.

"H-He's keeping up with them?!"

"V-Vortex is a monster..."

Both Rhodes Island and the LGD were feeling the intense pressure from him as he simultaneously blocks both of their attacks. Amiya on the other hand was trying to peer into his head, trying to read his mind albeit unsuccessful much to her surprise.

'This is strange...' Ch'en thinks at the moment as she ducks under Blaze's swing before swiping her sword at him at the next split second. 'He never retaliated... is he...'

'No doubt about it, Vortex won't attack us.' Blaze noticed as the two girls jump back and look ahead to see Vortex standing his ground.

The lone man looks at the two of them, anticipating their next move as well as his own.

"...why is he not fighting back..." Dr. Fumi was agape. "Don't tell me that he's-"

"Looking down on us huh." Ch'en was angered. "You have the nerve to be that confident, that you can win without even attacking... you're asking for your death now."

"Don't misunderstand me." He replied. "As I said, I never wanted to fight. I merely-"

"Cut the crap. You're scum." Blaze didn't hesitate as she rushed towards him with Ch'en closely behind. 

The two swing their weapons at him, as he dodges with a breath of his hair. Their barrage of attacks was endless as he desperately dodges without trying to hit them with his swords.

'I can't waste any more time! I need to get to Yelena!'

That moment of thinking proved to be fatal as that instance caused him not to notice Blaze's kick to his face, which sent him flying back.

"Ugh!" He lands square on his bum only to quickly get back on his feet, with the pain of his face still ringing. "This is not good."

He sees the two of them walking closer to him, ready to unleash more attacks while he could only think of what he can do to stop the bout and head to Frostnova as soon as possible.

But the situation could only be far from ideal.

...

..

.

On the other hand.

"I already knew that your betrayal was imminent. Your actions couldn't be far from the truth considering the drastic change ever since Vortex came back." Talulah conversed with the white cautus, looking displeased but not in a threatening way. "I have anticipated that things would turn out this way. That explains how I'm here in Lungmen, which wasn't in the plans we discussed. A big turn of events I would say."

"Why are you here?" Frostnova cautiously looked at her. "I shouldn't even ask at this point... I clearly know what you're here for..." 

With a wave of her hand, Frostnova amassed a black ice spike as she launched it to the dauntless Draco. But in return, Talulah merely brushed the attack off with a wave of her own fire.

"Stand down. If I wasn't in the mood, I would have killed you moments ago." She threatened. "But right now, I only want to converse with you Frostnova."