Operation 4-5: Trust

The snowy tundra, the place where both of them swore to never leave each other. Even when the world was against them.

"I promise, we'll be together till the end, Yelena..."

The meaning of his words was always within her heart, her feeble naive heart. Holding onto his promise with the will to never let it go.

"D-Don't leave me! You... promised..."

But even the most sincere promise can easily be broken, as he shattered their promise when he decided to pursue a goal he deemed more important than the girl who needed him the most. A fool, to value his wretched dream over the one he imbued with false hopes.

"...I swear... I will find you... and make you know... how it hurts..."

And even after realizing how he messed up, chasing an afflicted dream, he continued walking forward knowing that he doesn't have any choice left other than the vow he made with his sister.

Not caring about the consequences of what he did to her, leaving her behind, forgetting her existence for years, losing the chance to move on with a normal life. The dawn of confrontation was nigh.

"...Y/N..."

No more lies, no more treachery, only the truth. It is all he can do to atone. Now that he's come this far, there is no going back. There was only the terminal approach to end all that he had started.

Whether he lives, or dies, either he kills his comrades or loses his friends, he's made up his mind. It's the only plan left to end it all.

.

..

"I swear, I'll make you pay..." She wanders the streets of Chernobog, searching for his whereabouts, itching to rain frozen hell on him.  "Where... are... you... Y/N..."

...

..

.

"...ugh."

The pain shot out wildly, only for it to subside after a few seconds of passing. With his head spinning and his eyes gaining his vision, he then stares onto an unfamiliar ceiling. His mind wanders ahead and thinks of the events that had transpired a while ago. Remembering, he sighs and sits upon the bed he was at as he rubs his hornless and halo-less top.

"Never want to do that again anytime soon." He cringes from the fourth time he had to cut off his horns and wither his halo.

He then realizes that his head was bandaged around the scar while being damp from the blood. He wonders about who had managed to patch him up, and he already has a clue as to whom did it.

*creak*

With the sound of a door creaking, he looks left to see the person who just entered the room. Meeting eye to eye, he sees Lana enter with some spare bandages, with a shocked expression on her face.

"Vortex-sama!" The sankta quickly runs over to him and checks up his head. "Does your head hurt?"

"I'm fine Lana." He huffs. "I take it that you're the one who patched me up."

"Yes. After you passed out from your self-inflicted injury, Talulah quickly adjourned the gathering and we took you to rest at this abandoned hospital."

"Is that so... then how long was I asleep?"

"About five hours, the time's currently early night."

"I see." He looks towards the window and sees the moon on the horizon rising.

He looks back at Lana and notices that she was trembling a bit on the knees. And Vortex knew why.