⤟ the restraint ⤠

The last time I was this flustered was when I was barely seventeen and I started getting famous and reporters and fans will surround me as soon as I was out of the house

The last time I was this flustered was when I was barely seventeen and I started getting famous and reporters and fans will surround me as soon as I was out of the house. Obviously now that was a daily routine for me. I would wonder what happened if I walked out of the house to find quiet and peace.

But seeing Rhianon call me herself was a moment of flustering for me. 

I realized I was back to being a teenager or something as my heart picked a pace. I was excited just by this and I felt kind of lame for what was happening to me. I picked the call up knowing well enough she would be ready with some excuse to ditch the date and yet I found it amusing.

"Yes, Rhianon. Did you miss me too much?" I asked airily to which she actually scoffed.

The hopeful in me rejoiced at the fact that she didn't refuse outright.

"I can't go on the--I can't go out this weekend." She said carefully omitting the word date.

"What carefully crafted excuse do you have?" I asked not mildly surprised or offended.

"No excuse, I have to take part in college fest because I need credits."

"What are you doing?"I asked curious about what kind of things she would do in college.

I never went to one being a celebrity at a young age and mostly homeschooled through online university courses. And I wanted to join one not just to be a part of it all with Rhianon, a normal guy not with green scales afraid of making friends.

"Photography and Videography mostly." She said sounding slightly excited about this.

She liked it.

"Am I not allowed to come to that fest?" I asked knowing full well how this will perplex him and her green eyes glared at me in my head making me smile.

"Sure, if you want to be the center of attention and have an uncomfortable evening surrounded by intruding crowd, it's fine by me." She said in a dry tone like she was not even moderately interested in me.

If I had not kissed her or looked into her eyes, I would have doubted she was even minutely interested in me.

"It's fine by me as well," I said and silence followed on the call.

"You are insane."

"You don't even know half of it." I accepted the fact that I was indeed insane.

She sighed like she was defeated at my words and I liked the feeling of how she was losing this round because I needed to win her.

"You can come, it's your choice but you won't find me anyway. The uni is huge and I will be in charge of clicking nice pictures around the campus." She said dismissively.

"Do you really doubt if I can find you or not?" I asked amused how little did she think of me.

"I am pretty sure you could." She mumbled taking me by surprise to detect the honesty in her tone.