⤟ the healing ⤠

In Tia's absence, Doug was my stand-in Manager

But he was someone who would not speak unless it was greatly needed. He would be a silent observer and helper. And I appreciated his talent of multi-tasking as my manager, friend, and protector. So when Doug came in looking panicked and pale, I realized it must be serious.

"Sir," He said and gulped like if he spoke out the words it would have bad consequences.

"Yes, Doug, spit it out," I said agitated at his level of discomfort because I have never seen him this uncomfortable.

"It's Ms. Roberts."

A shock ran through my body and I got up scared that my worst nightmare would unfold right in front of me.

"Is she alive?" I asked the vital question.

He nodded and that was what I needed, a little hope to hold on to. Because that is how I have learned to survive until now.

By the time I was in the car Doug had told me most of what happened and I realized for the first time what true fear felt like. My heart was actually trembling inside my chest. I was actually afraid of losing someone this much that I was shaking with fear and I was not even ashamed to admit it.

"How bad is it?" I asked and Doug responded with silence which meant he was too scared to share her condition.

She is alive and that is all that matters. I will heal her no matter how bad it is.

Even without saying anything, Doug was driving pretty fast, and yet I wish the car could go faster or I could rush to that place some other way. In less than twenty minutes the car was at the hospital and I was about to get down.

"Sir, the cap and the mask," Doug reminded and I wanted to yell at him.

But he was right because media attention towards Rhianon would be a hassle for her. So I put on the cap and a face mask and rushed to the hospital. My heart was thudding so painfully in my chest that I felt like my ribcage would break. I spotted the stunt team director and ran up to him.

"Rhianon, where is she?" I asked and to say he looked shocked was an understatement.

"Surgery, her energy was severe and the doctor said she lost a lot of blood." He said after a moment.

I had so many questions right then but I couldn't ask anything.

Suddenly I was being pulled aside by someone strong and I almost turned and punched the one who had so much guts.

"Calm down man." It was Rowland and fury rolled off me heavily.

I glared at him and the sharp desire to choke him.

"Careful, I am saying, keep your emotions in check." He said but in a surprisingly serious tone.

"What is it to you?" I said through gritted teeth, my palm curled into a fist.