⤟ the desperate knight ⤠

I have been miserable most of my life but the last time I felt this miserable was when my mother left me and I knew it was my fault because I was a monster

I have been miserable most of my life but the last time I felt this miserable was when my mother left me and I knew it was my fault because I was a monster. I have ignored people before, all I did was ignore humans mostly but I never knew it was this painful to ignore a Dragon Keeper. The bond between was so heavy that ignoring her was taking a toll on me.

All through the day, I could barely breathe. It worsened over the week. My heart was stiffened unpleasantly withing me, my muscles were sore like I have been beaten up by someone. I would steal peeks at her, something I have never done. If I have left a girl, I am completely done with her, emotionally and otherwise. I was not the kind to sit around and mop and regret. But this week was one of the worst weeks of my life.

And to add to my pain of misery that Reece was hovering around her. I was not the type to hate someone specifically, I was not a biased hater, it was for everyone but Reece was becoming an exception. She must be making all kinds of decisions about me and how she was right to stay from me. I proved her fear of me true and how I was nothing but a playboy with a  mean heart.

I was, I will not deny that. I hated being close to people because self-preservation was my priority and I knew they will run away as soon as they know who I was. But not when it came to her. Aside from the fact that I had an insane amount of attraction towards her, she was also my last hope in life.  She was my Dragon Keeper.

But my mere association can bring her death and I was not ready for that. If that meant feeling excruciating pain emotionally I would deal with it. I have dealt with worse things in life, torturing myself emotionally was nothing new.

And yet the dull ache in my heart kept growing stronger and I was starting to feel worse with the passing day. How much does she hate me now? I mean this was all because she was Dragon Keeper, or else I would have not have obsessed about a female so much.

I tried not to doubt my thought process as I closed my eyes trying to all the times I have ended up just admiring her, my eyes failing to leave her every time she was around. A loud knock on my trailer door shattered the trail of thoughts and I hated it, immensely.

"What?" I barked out in an angry tone.

The door opened and I regretted my tone on seeing Danny.

He looked enraged.

"Where is she?" He asked and I was surprised seeing him this angry.

But a heaviness settled in my hurt. He was protective of one person on this set.

"Who?" I asked still hoping it was not what I thought.

Danny's face relaxed, what was he expecting?

"No Danny, I am not sleeping with Irika," I said trying to get a reaction out of him.

"Rhia, she is not in her trailer and I went to give her medicine." He said and the heaviness in my heart intensified and expanded to my guts.