HUSTLA KILLA

Now the car had to be put on the road, to do that you needed a driver’s license, insurance, which you can’t get without a license, a safety and emission test, and the license plates from the government which they won’t give you without proof of insurance – and which you won’t get from any company without at least a G2 license, something that P did not have and needed to wait a year before he could go for the driver’s test. P got his G1 license a few months earlier, but you are not allowed to drive by yourself with it, you need to have an experienced, fully licensed driver with you in the passenger seat at all times.

P knew all this from before he bought the car and he only bought the car because he had it all figured out. He had a guy that knew a guy that worked at the ministry where it’s the only place to get your car plates, and for five hundred dollars he’ll hook up the car plates with the sticker and a proof of insurance paper, without any proof of safety or emissions tests or even a G2. So P paid his friend who took the money to the guy and a week later he came back with the package, and the beautiful part was that it was all legit. If any cop typed in the plates, the car was in the system with the corresponding plates under P’s name and everything because the guy made sure it was put into the system so it was perfect. P called it ‘illegally legit’. The following week he was on the road all over the city without even a license or insurance, just his ice pick, his cell phone, and his coke, making deliveries. That’s when things started to pick up!

            P got up drove to work and parked his car, he changed into his work uniform consisting of blue overalls, and got ready for another day at the shop. His buddy, Harvel, the Jamaican co-worker came in and said “Wa gwan?”

“Yo! Wa gwan? Just here man, another day, another dollar,” replied P

“Seen,” said Harvel.

They did some work, and at lunchtime Harvel told P that when he checked out his car the day before, there was a screw missing in the top of the engine and its broken inside. Because it wasn’t on tight, he was losing a bit of power, but he can take the screw out, replace the engine gasket if needed and put a new bolt in and it will be perfect. P told him he knew about it and if it’s not a big deal they can fix it. Harvel told him it wasn’t, so P told the owner he’s going to pull the car in and do a bit of work. The owner okayed it and P brought the car in.

It took Harvel about thirty minutes to get the broken bolt out because it was broken inside the hole that the bolt goes into leaving the threaded part stuck inside.

He took it out put a new bolt in and that was it in about thirty minutes or less, P thanked him and pulled the car out and then told the owner.

At 3 pm one of P’s cocaine clients called and she wanted a gram so P told her he’s at work till 4 pm but she can come by before that if she wants. She told him she’ll get there in half an hour. P was at work and told Harvel he had some more money coming, and then Harvel asked him how he got the car plates, without a license or insurance since he knew P didn’t have either one. P told him he had a contact in the ministry and that money talks. P then told him, “That’s soft anyway, yo you know anything about cocaine?”

“Not really, why you ask?” Harvel replied.

“Cuz I have the best coke in the city, pure fish scale straight from South America, and I have a client coming right now for some, here check it out.” P pulled out a small plastic bag he had in his pocket and showed Harvel the coke that was in a big hard rock.

“You see how it’s all hard and shiny like that?” He asked Harvel

“Yeah...”

“You know why it looks like that?” P asked him.

“No, why?”

“Cuz it’s pure uncut, it’s almost impossible to find coca like this on the streets!” P told him.

“For real, but why do you have it in your pocket at work, do you do it too?” Harvel asked.

“No fuck no, this is money, I don’t wanna miss a chop, if I didn’t have it on me, I’d miss this chop right now. My client is gonna come and I’m going to make eighty dollars in one second, that’s more than I made being here all day. If I didn’t have it with me, I would’ve lost the sale, you see what I’m saying?”

Harvel looked at him and said, “Yo, you living like them guys in them gangsta movies bregin.” P laughed and told him, “Na this is for real bro, it’s not a movie dog.”

P’s client came, he met her at the back, gave her a gram, took the eighty bucks and she asked him if he had any weed too.

“Yeah how much do you want?” She asked for a twenty, so P eyed it out and gave it to her. She told him she’ll call him later and P said ‘cool’, and went back inside.