~ 1 ~

"I'm sorry for coming late" the h/c haired female stated, her phone pressed against her ear as she heard another female voice on the other side.

"It's fine no worries. We both know how hard you work" the other female stated.

"Still, isn't he a handful?" she questioned as she parked her car on a driveway.

"Not at all, he's been quite the angel" the other female stated with a soft chuckle.

"If you say so mom...I'm at the house already so you can open the door" Y/n stated before hanging up. Taking out her keys, she exited the car and closed the door before walking to the door and gently knocking on it. She chuckled when she heard a small boy's voice on the other side of the house and the sound of feet quickly making it's way to the front door.

"It's mom! Hurry hurry!!" the child's voice exclaimed with enthusiasm. 

"I know I know, just hold on" an older female's voice said softly before there was a soft click of the door unlocking. The door soon opened as the younger female's legs got hugged by a small boy. She chuckled and bended down to pick up the small boy.

"Were you good for grandma?" she questioned.

"Yup! I saved her from a dragon!" the boy exclaimed with a big grin on his face.

"Did you now" Y/n mused as she walked inside her mother's house, taking off her shoes before making her way to the living room. 

"Mhm! And after I saved her from the dragon we rode off on it to the king!" he exclaimed once more, opening up his arms to express himself more, making the woman chuckle at his actions.

"Why don't you go and clean up while I talk to grandma?" Y/n questioned as he nodded. She soon set the boy down as he ran off to go clean up the living room that was covered with paper and crayons. "Are you sure you don't mind? I can always fix my schedule to pick him up from daycare instead" she stated, looking at her mother.

"It's fine, besides, it gets lonely in this house all by myself sometimes. My offer is still open if you want to stay and live with me you know" her mother stated.

"I would but I don't want to burden you. Koji's a handful and I don't want him to stress you out" Y/n stated in a soft tone.

"I've raised you for most of my life, I'm pretty sure you were more stressful than him" the older woman joked making Y/n roll her eyes.

"Very funny mom" she said with a smile. "But I'm sure we can live by ourselves. We've survived this long, I'm sure we can survive longer", looking over her shoulder, she saw her son cleaning up, making a smile appear on her face.

"Why not go back into contact with him? I heard that he became a professional volleyball player in Osaka" the mother question.

"Mom" Y/n sighed out, "We went over this. I'm over him, and it was his decision that we decide to split up. Saying about the bs that it would be the best for the both of us. Who knew that it was true" she muttered the last part and looked over at Koji, who was carefully putting the crayons back in the box. "I'm over him and I'm sure he's over me. The last thing I need is another toddler in my life" she stated.

"He wasn't that bad. He was quite the charmer" the mom said with a smile.

"Yeah till he broke my heart" Y/n muttered before running a hand through her hair. "I don't want to talk about him anymore, if I do I might punch him in the face if he ever shows his face here" she stated making the mom laugh a bit.

"You're my daughter alright" she said with a smile. "But try not to do that. Maybe reconcile with him? You two really had a connection you know" she said as Y/n sighed.