AU Side Story 4

A few days had gone by and Atsumu had finally went somewhat back to normal. He had picked himself up and has been slowly accepting the female's death. Although he's much better, he still had to take care of other things, like his son.

The blond haired male was in front of her mother's house. He stared hard at the door, thinking whether he should knock on it or not. Lifting up his hand to knock on the door, he hesitated, pressing his lips together, starting to have second thoughts until a voice broke him out of his thoughts.

"Atsumu?" the older female's voice called out to him. Looking over his shoulder, he saw the older female having grocery bags in one hand while carrying a small boy with dark brown hair. Atsumu stared at the small boy as he stared back before looking away, getting a bit shy.

The male smiled at the female. "I came to visit" he said a bit awkwardly as the older female smiled back at him.

"Of course, come on in" she said softly. Atsumu quickly took the grocery bags from the female as she took out her keys and opened the door. Going inside, Atsumu followed her behind and closed the door behind him in the process.

Setting the 2 year old down, he quickly went over to a pile of toys to go play with them. Atsumu smiled, looking at the boy before following the female into the kitchen and set the bags on the counter. While helping the older female put the groceries away, he would glance at the boy who was playing by himself.

The female took notice of this and chuckled softly to herself. "Why don't you go and bond with him?" she said.

"Hm?" he stopped what he was doing and looked at her as she smiled.

"Go bond with him. It's obvious that you want to" she said. She watched the blond grin and nod at her and made his way to the living room. She chuckled softly, staring at the two before continuing to put the groceries away.

Atsumu sat down on the couch and watched the boy playing with some dinosaurs. He smiled, watching the boy using his imagination, making small noises with his mouth. It wasn't until Atsumu didn't know what to say to the boy. He glanced around the room, to see what he could talk about before noticing a ukulele. It was her ukulele.

"Do you know how to play?" he questioned, earning the boy's attention. Atsumu looked at the smaller version of him, a bit confused, making him smile softly at him. "The ukulele over there, do you know how to play it?" he questioned again. He watched as the boy grinned and nodded excitedly.

Quickly getting up, he grabbed the ukulele and went over to the older man. Atsumu sat down on the floor as the boy sat in front of him. Resting the body of the stringed instrument on his thigh, his small fingers pressed down on the strings as hard as he could and tried to strum. The ukulele didn't sing the exact note that the boy wanted, but he continued to try nonetheless.

The blond watched the boy continue to try and press down on the string, his tongue slightly sticking out. Soon, the boy strummed the instrument once more as it sung the note that the boy wanted to play. He smiled in triumph, making Atsumu chuckle softly.

"Who taught you?" he questioned the boy. He watched as his expression soon changed into a sad one.

"My mom.." he quietly responded.

Quickly, Atsumu changed the subject, seeing that the boy was becoming sad. "Can I try?" he asked.

The boy nodded and handed the ukulele to him as Atsumu pressed his fingers down on the strings and strummed, only for no sound to come out. Hearing the child laugh, he walked over to him.

"That's not how you do it" he said with a smile. "You have to put your finger here and put the other one here" he explained. Atsumu watched the boy rearrange his large fingers on the small neck of the instrument. "There! Now play it!" he said happily. Atsumu did as he was told and strummed the strings as the ukulele played a high note.