~ 17 ~

"I think...I think I would've told you I was pregnant with him, as a way to try and make you stay." Y/n's voice was soft as she stared down at her lap.

"Oh..." was all Atsumu could say. The silence was now awkward between the two of them. It killed them both, wanting to ask each other questions but not daring to say a single word.

"What..." Y/n started again, making the both of them tense at her speaking up. "What would you have done.. If I did tell you?" She didn't remove her eyes from her lap as she could only leave them there, not wanting to look at him or outside. A fluttering yet nauseating feeling settled in her stomach which made her shift in her seat.

He opened his mouth for a moment, before slowly closing it. He furrowed his brows, thinking hard about the question.

What would he do?

Would he be overjoyed?

Distressed?

Be in denial?

Or would they end up fighting?

Atsumu frowned at that idea, but he didn't deny it. They both were adults the year they broke up which was 2015. But they were both still too young, still fresh out of their teenage years. He didn't want to think about the horrible things his younger self would say to Y/n if she would tell him.

"I don't know..." is what he finally responded with.

But he was only met with silence by Y/n. It went silent again between the two of them. But Atsumu was now the curious one.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked.

"That I was pregnant?" The female questioned.

"Yeah.." He glanced at the woman who stared down at her hands. "I understand if you don't want to tell me of course."

"No its..." He listened as she let out her third shaky breath. "Its fine..." She quietly reassured.

She stayed silent for a bit which Atsumu didn't mind before she spoke up.

"I was scared..." Her voice was soft when she answered, he almost didn't hear her. "Its silly but...I thought you knew so that's why you left me." She scoffed at her idiocy, thinking back on it.

"Then again, you were slow with most things besides volleyball." She joked, making Atsumu slightly smile.

"There was this.. Unsettling feeling in me that didn't want me to tell you. When my mom found out, she practically begged me to tell you" she chuckled softly.

"I actually almost told you. I dialed your number but I just...I just stared at your name, wondering; 'Will he pick up?', 'What happens when he picks up?', 'What if he doesn't pick up?'. Just a bunch of what if's really. At some point I just...Wussed out." She chuckled bitterly to herself.

"I was terrified. I didn't know the first thing to raising a baby..." She balled her fist, clenching her shirt in the process.

Atsumu glanced over at her before looking back on the road. He wanted to hold her hand, but he hesitated. 

"What about these past four years then?" He starts. "You could've called me then, I'm sure we were both mature enough." He added. 

"I didn't want to ruin your reputation." She answered. "I heard you were part of a pro volleyball team at that time and just...I felt like.. I felt like if I told you during your prime time, I would burden you with the fact that you have a child that you never knew about..." Y/n crossed her arms, her whole body starting to feel cold.

Atsumu stayed quiet as he listened to her.

"There was never a time that I didn't think of you, especially since he reminds me of you in some aspects. I always wondered what would have happened if I told you beforehand. Would you come and see him for yourself? Or would he be the reason that we end up really falling apart..." Y/n stared out the window, not wanting to look at the man that drove the car.