Thirty-Seven

Chapter 37
The Angered Addict

_______________♤♧◇♡♤_______________

Tears, pain, and dread; all of the things Margot felt inside as she tossed and turned in bed. She yet had another one of her traumatic dreams about the death of her father. It felt as if it were just yesterday when she watched her father wield his gauntlet within the powerful stones to sacrifice himself to the universe in order to save it. She couldn't help but only blame herself for the tragedy as if it were all her fault. She grunted and whimpered in sadness as she dreamt about the terrible moment, completely taking her back to the cold past and driving out all of her sadness and bitter anger. She felt completely distraught.

It wasn't long before she shot up in bed that morning, gasping for air as the terrible dream she had awoken her. The startled girl grasped her chest to catch her breath and calm herself down, while finding herself having the need to want to cry. But being the stubborn girl she was, she sniffled her tears back and shook off her emotions in order to avoid actually facing them. 

She rolled out of bed before making her way into the kitchen to see her mother Elizabeth sitting at the table with her usual morning coffee in hand to start off with for the morning once she entered. 

"Mags, we really need to talk," Elizabeth muttered, sighing deeply as she eyed her daughter. "It's important that we discuss this now."

"Why? Are you just gonna tell me you've already got another fuck buddy?" Margot rudely commented, attempting a sardonic smile as she hopped on top of the countertop. 

It hadn't quite been giddy and rainbows going on between Margot and her mother lately that past year. The raven girl and her mother would only ever find themselves getting into more arguments often than usual, and some would get more heated to the point where she would explode and say something hurtful and offensive to her mother. 

Her mother frowned. "You're little sister Morgan has practically been begging for you to come and visit her every once in a while, and you always blow her off!" 

Margot rolled her eyes. "I'm still trying to figure out how that's my problem?" 

"She's going through hard times just as much as you are!" Elizabeth pointed out, scoffing in shock. "We all are! Your little sister needs you now more than ever!" 

"Save the BS for someone else, Elizabeth!" Margot suddenly snapped, roughly slamming her hand down on the table as she neared her mother, only causing her own mother to jump from the raising in her voice. "If little Morgan needs a hero to fight her battles, that's just not me!" 

She spun on her heel to storm her way back to her bedroom as her mother called out for her to come back, only to be ignored and have the door harshly slammed in her face. The girl was well aware that she was being a shitty sister to Morgan, but ever since the death of her father, she felt as if there was no point in trying to make things work anymore. She knew all too well about her therapist trying to convince her of realizing that she had anger issues -- which she's still in denial of -- she assumed that it was needless to mention her constant and unexpected outbursts.