Twenty-Six

Chapter 26
Operation: Deja Vu

_______________♤♧◇♡♤____________

Eleanor Morena entered the apartment with a deviant smirk on her cherry, red lips as she rolled her luggage inside by its wheels. She momentarily glanced around the cramped room with a look of disgust and uttered disappointment at the sight of it. And Margot, who now stood beside her mother, couldn't help but wonder why her golddigger for a grandmother was even there in the first place. After all, she knew good and well that her grandmother despised her and how she wasn't afraid to show how much she completely and absolutely did. It was almost as if the line of Morena women never came from a good background. Both Margot and her mother stared at the nicely dressed woman in surprise.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" Elizabeth asked, closing the door back behind the fancy, blonde woman.

"Well, I'm on vacation and I thought that I'd spend it with you." Eleanor explained, cringing at the sight of the small apartment as if it were unsanitary.

Elizabeth's brow furrowed. "Excuse me?"

"How'd she find us?" Margot piped up, earning a glare from her grandmother. "Last time you saw me was when I pushed you down some stairs back in Portland."

"Aww, my little Maggie," her grandmother cooed, roughly pinching the girl's cheeks with her fingers as if she missed her, which only made her cringe and yelp in pain from her cold hands before she leaned away. "Be a dear and put my coat away, huh? And be gentle with it, it's expensive." Margot soon found a fancy, fur coat being thrown at her for her to hang up, which only made her roll her eyes as she tossed the fleek coat to the floor when her grandmother wasn't looking.

"No, no, no," Elizabeth shook her head at her mother, having skepticism in her eyes as she sauntered towards her mother. "Now what is going on here? You never have vacations away from your big company in modeling. And if you did, you certainly wouldn't spend it with me."

"Well, that's just absurd!" Eleanor began to protest before placing her hands onto her daughter's shoulders. "Can't a mother just take some time off to spend with her only daughter, Elizabeth?"

"Mom, you hate me." Elizabeth clarified, causing her own mother to have a rolling look in her eyes.

"Okay, okay, you figured me out!" Eleanor groaned, strutting her way into the living room as Elizabeth and her granddaughter followed. "I'm not on vacation, I'm broke."

"What?"

"I'm trapped!" The woman exaggerated. "My modeling work crashed. My credits are after me. And my models are quitting on me. I gotta find a place to hide out for a while!"

"Then why don't you just hide somewhere else?" Margot asked bitterly.

Eleanor leered her eyes at the troubled girl as she pointed a stern finger in her direction. "Watch it, you little troublemaker! If it were up to me, you would be in Military school for the misbehaved delinquents like yourself!"

Margot rolled her eyes.

"Broke? What do you mean you're broke?" Elizabeth questioned, crossing her arms over her chest. "What happened to that rich guy that you planned to run off with to Paris on his yacht?"

Eleanor waved her off with a hand. "Long story short, the guy lied about being rich and he still lives with his parents and four cats."

Elizabeth shook her head in disagreement. "Mom, I..."

"Oh, come on, my darling sweet," Eleanor begged, trying to persuade her daughter to let her stay as Margot shook her head no over and over again. "Do your own mother a favor. All those years I spent putting a roof over your head. Hey, I even bribed your teacher from college to raise your grades after you gave birth to that demon. So in a way... you owe me. What do you say?"

And... that's when Margot Morena knew how soft her mother could possibly be. Her mother had agreed to let the snobby woman stay with them in their apartment, and in the raven girl's bedroom. Irritation lingered inside as the girl would rather gauge out her eyeballs, than have her terrible grandmother stay with them.

"Mom, this is your room." Elizabeth announced, heaving a sigh as she watched her elegant mother walk inside of Margot's plain bedroom.

"Now, what in the hell kind of room is this?" Eleanor complained, gesturing her hands out in the air to be dramatic. "This room is so small and... unadorned."

Margot shrugged with ease. "Well, there's always time for you to leave."

"And there's always time for you to shut your damn mouth." Her grandmother thundered back, earning a glare from Margot.

"Yeah, well, this is the best... we've got." Elizabeth replied, heaving a groan as she jerked her mother's heavy luggage inside the bedroom by the handle. "Gosh, mom. What did you put in this thing?"

"My knives and pitchforks," the woman had explained, side-eyeing Margot. "I might need them to protect myself from your daughter killing me in my sleep."

Margot only smiled at her grandmother with sarcasm. "Will throwing a bucket of water on you make you melt?"

***

Margot tossed and turned in bed at twelve a.m. that night, wondering if she could ever get any sleep after dealing with her grandmother's loud snores. The woman slept harshly beside the sleep-deprived girl in her single twin-sized bed, wearing her fancy, cheetah pajamas with her hair up in a neat bun, which only made the girl groan. But morally, all the saddened raven could do was find herself thinking about Peter Parker, and his stupid girl voice. Or his stupid brunette hair. Or his stupid smile that would always light up a room. Or his stupid geekiness that was also kind of cute. Her heart sank at the thought of this Parker boy that she couldn't seem to get out of her mind.

She sat up in bed and reached out for her phone on her nightstand to find herself wanting to message the boy, and maybe say a little "hi"or "sup". But all she could do was stare at the blank, speech bubble intently with no words coming into mind. Forget it! This is just stupid anyways, she thought to herself before putting her phone back down onto the nightstand and turning on her side to try and get some sleep.

A loud snore was sounded from Eleanor, causing Margot to let out a groan before sliding a sock off from her foot and bawling it up to pelt into her grandmother's mouth. Her snores became softer and quieter to the point where they sounded muffled, which was fine for Margot until the woman spat it out of her mouth, while still being in a deep slumber. And the loud snores continued. Oh, that is it, the raven-haired problem child thought to herself. She pushed the woman out of the bed, causing her to yelp once she hit the floor and looked around with confusion, while Margot snickered silently from her mischievous act before turning back on her side to finally sleep peacefully.

Gif Created By Me -- Doglover355225