Seventeen

Chapter 17
The Devil Wears Prada

_______________♤♧◇♡♤____________

"Alright, everyone, let's get ready to load up!" Mr. Harrington exclaimed, stepping inside of the school bus to place his luggage inside. Margot, along with the other high school students stood outside the school to step inside the bus as they were all attending the Academic Decathlon competition that would be happening the day after, and all this raven-haired girl could do was groan impatiently as she wondered if Peter would be coming, or if he changed his mind again, and decided to back out of finding those bad guys that he was so "obsessed" over finding out their hideout. She rolled her eyes with annoyance. The whole class had to wear yellow jackets to represent their school team, which made her feel like a walking banana, mingling in with the rest of the bunch.

"Hey, it's Peter!" Abraham announced, causing Margot to find herself grinning wide and uncontrollably for some strange reason as she watched her friend running towards them. 

"Guys!" Peter called.

Liz's brow furrowed with confusion. "Peter?"

"Yeah, I was hoping that maybe I could… rejoin the team." Peter said with hope in his tone.

"No, no way," Flash, who stood behind Margot piped up, walking towards Peter. "You can't just quit on us, and stroll up, and be welcomed back by everyone." 

"Hey, welcome back, Peter!" Mr. Harrington then exclaimed, walking down the steps of the school bus, causing Margot to snicker as she watched him turn to face Flash. "Flash, you're back to first alternate."

Flash stared at his teacher with confusion. "What?" 

Abraham chuckled alongside Ned and Margot. "He's taking your place!"

"Excuse me, but can we go? Because I was hoping to get into some light protesting in front of one of the NBC's before dinner, so…" Michelle chimed in, squinting her eyes from the bright and beaming sun shining in her face. 

"And I was hoping to find some hot, D.C. Babes." Margot added, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Protesting is Patriotic," Mr. Harrington replied before eyeing Margot, "but exploring your sexuality isn't one, so… let's get on the bus." 

With annoyance in his eyes, Flash tossed the jacket to Peter, causing him to yelp slightly before they all entered the bus to take their seats, and Margot decided to sit herself down in a seat behind Ned, once Liz had stood in the center of the room with notecards in her hand as she started giving them a quiz on the questions that would be asked at the tournament event. "Okay, everyone, so our next topic is the moons of Saturn." Liz said with excitement in her tone. 

Cindy then rung her bell that was placed on the tip of the seat in front of her to answer. "The second law of thermodynamics!"

Other questions were asked, but Margot was hardly paying attention as she just decided that if she fiddled with her fingers or daydreamed about hot men frolicking in the sand, that the conversation would just move quicker.