Twenty-One

Chapter 21
Sorrows

_______________♤♧◇♡♤____________

The evening was like no other at the Stark facility penthouse. Everything was quiet, especially for Margot, who laid on her back in her canopy bed, while drowning in her own sorrows. She had ear plugs stuck in her ears, listening to the blaring music of Bruno Mars, while isolating herself from others (especially her father), in her bedroom all day. Usually when she's not in the mood, she would torture strangers, and sling pebbles at them with her slingshot to hear them scream in pain, but now… she didn't feel like doing any of that at all, which was very odd in her eyes. All she'd rather do right now is feel sorry for herself, and bottle up her feelings like the stubborn and obnoxious girl she was. She then found herself swiping through her phone to see silly selfies of herself, puckering her lips, while holding up the peace sign with her fingers, almost making her crack a smile. But just as she swiped for the next photo, her frown suddenly deepened at the sight of seeing a smiling Peter on her screen, clanging onto her arm in the picture. That photo was taken just last month, and she couldn't help but reminisce when she lounged at his place, watching nerdy films from Star Wars together all night. It may have been geeky and definitely not her definition of partying, but it was still a good memory. A memory that felt oh so painful to remember. 

A knock on her bedroom door sounded, and with it came her concerned father, cracking the door open as he stretched out his neck to see the frowning girl sitting silently in her room. "Mags," he called. "You got a minute?" 

Now, Tony himself knew that he hadn't exactly been the best father lately, and neither he or his daughter had spoken to each other all week after their argument, (but they've never really gotten to know each other well enough), which was completely understandable and all, but that didn't mean that he wasn't willing to at least have a few words in with her. Everything was still just crazy about him being a father, and maybe he didn't handle it right at first, but he immediately knew that it was time to adjust to this new change as well. 

"If I say no, will you go away?" Margot asked bitterly, stiffly sitting herself up in bed as she folded her legs together. 

"Look…" He started, sighing deeply as he fully entered the room and closed the door shut behind himself. "I know we have our differences and all, but at the end of the day, I am still your father. So, please… don't shut me out. I want to be a part of your life." 

"We're not in front of the cameras, y'know," the rude girl countered, moving a strand of raven hair behind her ear. "What do you want?" 

"I just want you to talk to me," he frowned, trudging forward to her with a dissatisfied look on his face. "Is that so hard?" 

"I am talking," the teenaged girl replied with a smug look on her face, acting as if it were obvious, but from the looks on her father's face meant to talk to him a bit more than she wanted. She then heaved out an exasperated sigh. "I don't feel like talking right now."