Forty-Six

Chapter 46
Just Shut Up and Kiss Me!

Chapter 46Just Shut Up and Kiss Me!

_______________♤♧◇♡♤_______________

"Well, this wasn't how I wanted my trip to end…" Margot joked, sending Peter a small smile before finding herself peering out at the aftermath of Quentin Beck's destruction. The two scarred teenagers eventually made an exit from the London Bridge, while both were suddenly in a brief moment of silence, after trying to sum up all of what just happened after the battle. They were both in complete shock over Quentin's apparent death, alongside the havoc it caused afterwards. The armored, raven girl soon came to believe that no amount of therapy could help her forget this very moment. And the one thing she couldn't forget the most was how smitten she had gotten with Peter, or the deep talks they had with one another over the trip. Maybe something good really did come out of this after all? 

The brunette boy only chuckled at her statement before gently nudging her elbow. "Yeah, you're not the only one." 

And then that's when a wave of awkward silence suddenly and uncomfortably came over them both. 

".... Sometimes, I feel like I'm really alone…" Margot eventually spoke. Her frown deepened as she continued, "I mean, I tell people that I'm fine, but in reality… I'm not. And I think my deepest fear is being… alone." 

"Hey…" Peter started. He slowly placed his hand onto her shoulder for comfort as he turned to face her, "you're not alone. You have MJ, Betty, and Ned -- you have your mom -- and maybe your grandma -- I'm not sure, she's very arrogant…" The raven girl snickered at his comment once she watched him continue, "... and you have me." 

She then suddenly found her cheeks blushing a fiery red in response. "Thanks." He smiled genuinely in return, leaving their sentiment moment to fall in a brief moment of silence. "Oh, wait!" She suddenly exclaimed. She slowly pulled out the grand, black dahlia necklace from her pocket before raising it towards him for them both to view in awe, only for them both to realize that it was chipped due to a recent battle. "Happy gave this to me. He said it was from you." 

The raven girl gave him the necklace for him to frown at the chipped necklace. "Oh, no! It's broken. This was all just a mess, I had everything planned out to be special." 

"You remembered." Margot began smiling to herself. "You remembered that I like the black dahlia necklace because of…" 

"The murder?" He finished the girl's sentence before watching her nod. Opening and closing his mouth, he then assured the raven girl, "Mags, I promise you that I'm gonna make this up to you." 

The raven girl chuckled. "That's okay. It's better broken anyway." 

The spider-boy only shook his head in disappointment. "I just wanted this to be special --" 

"Oh, just shut up and kiss me!" Margot suddenly blurted out from her mouth. And with that sudden outburst, the raven girl found herself doing the one thing she was never fully certain she'd ever do again. She leaned towards him, pressing her lips against his own, allowing their sweet moment to linger in happiness. The soft kiss felt warm and comforting. It felt treasured and unique as if it were something she had been wanting to do for ages. And with that, she quickly leaned away from him, leaving Peter in complete shock of her actions.