41: Last chapter.

One year later, Lan Ying sat under the tree with his back resting against Lan Zhan's chest even as cute bunnies played around them. He felt his hand lifted and a loving kiss placed on his palm. 'Lan Zhan ... is this the end of the troubles?'

'I will not guarantee there will never be trouble again, but I hope so.'

'I want the rest of our lives to be ... slow and quiet.'

'I like the idea of that.'

'I remember when I first arrived to the Cloud Recesses, I hated the quiet, slow life and the rules drove me crazy, but now .... I can not imagine breaking any of them. I love the quiet and solitude while I am in your arms.'

'Mother Lan, Father Zhan.'

'Quick before he arrives. When did you tell him to call us like that?'

'I told him to call my Father Zhan not long after I adopted him ... but we paused it when you returned. When we are out there working, he does not use it.'

'And calling me Mother?'

'That is your fault Mother Lan.' SiZhui chuckled happily as he, JingYi and Jin Ling sat before them.

'How do you come to that conclusion?'

'Easy .... I'm sure I told you before but, the father brings the money and the mother beings the milk. You always came back from town with food so you were the mother. The only time I saw Father Zhan was him paying the money.'

Lan Ying had seen Jin Ling look over the other side with a worried look. 'What's wrong?'

'What are you talking about?'

'You are worried about something.' Lan Zhan watched a blush rise on his cheeks.

'Well .... Uncle told me this morning before I came here ....'

'What?'

'Have you heard anything about ... Chief Cultivator and what he is up to at the moment?'

'Is something wrong with brother?'

'No, no, I'm sorry I made you worry like that. It's just uncle Cheng let it slip that he and the Chief Cultivator are going night hunting with Wen Ning today.'

'And ... they have been night hunting more and more often.'

'It's the whole Wen Ning going with them that doesn't make sense.'

'Why?'

'Because Wen Ning has been travelling with a group of Jin Sect juniors teaching them how to track.'

'.... I don't understand. Did they not know?' Lan Ying asked only to feel Lan Zhan's chest move in a way that told him, the man was keeping something to himself. He turned his head and found the man's ears lightly pink. 'What do you know?'

'Um ... I think I should let them tell people themselves.'

'.........' Lan Ying suddenly put a few things together and he smiled gently then could not help but chuckle. 'Very sly.'

'What are you thinking Mother Lan.'

'Wait ... why have you been call me Lan and not Ying for the last year. You call my husband Father Zhan. You can call me Mother Ying.'

'I know but ... I'm just so happy that you took fathers name I chose to use it and let others know about it.'

Lan Ying looked up at Lan Zhan trying to stop the tears forming in his eyes. 'You taught our son to be such a smooth talker.' He wrapped his arms around Lan Zhan's neck, half laughing and half crying.

'We will leave you but don't forget to come up for lunch.'

'Don't worry, we will be there.'

When the kids were gone Lan Ying looked up at Lan Zhan. 'Tell me when they got together?'

'I first noted them watching each other after we found the talismans, however a few months ago I stumbled on them kissing when I went to get you something to eat. They still do not know that I know.'

'You didn't tell me?'

'I know you. You would have had fun at their expense.' Lan Zhan gasped when his wife suddenly spun around and straddled his lap. 'Just what do you think you are doing?'

'Kissing my husband.' And so he did only to hear a gentle cough that interrupted them. He just turned his head and found Jiang Cheng and Lan XiChen. 'Why not find your own place to ....' He stopped when Lan Zhan gave a small growl. 'Fine, I will play nice.' He chuckled when he noted a blush rise on both men. 'You really should have said something ... wait a moment, does uncle know?'

'We just informed him, now we are here to inform you both but ... you already know.'

'You just told him ... just now?' Lan Ying said as he and Lan Zhan almost jumped to their feet.

'Yes.'

'So ... how about we all head out of the Cloud Recesses for a few days until he is not about to explode?'

'I was just going to invite the pair of you over to Lotus Pier for a few days ... a week ... a month.' Jiang Cheng watched Lan Zhan only to sigh. 'Fine why not just vacate the area for a few days?'

'No, if it is alright with Lan Ying ... I do not mind going.'

Suddenly there was a loud voice calling out and all four of them took off and headed over to Lotus Pier for a short holiday.

With this XiChen and Cheng thought they had won the battle with Master Lan.

However ....

That was not to be.

Master Lan arrived at the gates to talk to the guards.

'Have either of you seen your Sect Leader, the Jiang Sect Leader, WangJi or Ying?'

'Yes Master Lan, they all just flew out talking about taking a trip around the lands for a while.'

'You are kidding me ... they did not just drop that on me then take off like this?'

'Master Lan?'

'Forget it ... just make sure word is sent to me when they return ... which if I know my nephews like I think I do ... neither will be back until I come to terms with both of them marrying men. Who would have thought XiChen and Cheng would fall in love.' He sighed deeply and turned back even as he added one last thing. 'They are a pair of scaredy cats ... if you are strong enough to tell me, wait until I react.'

Master Lan smiled lightly as he walked back into the cloud recesses knowing full well that now word about XiChen and Cheng would spread ... even to wherever the two couples had gone to hide. 'Think you can win over me ... idiots, the lot of you. You still have a long way to go before you can out smart me.'

***************

Well, I think that is it for this story.

I really want to thank everyone for reading, voting and commenting on this story. I enjoy reading all comments and some can even help me correct errors so it is a more enjoyable read for you.

 I enjoy reading all comments and some can even help me correct errors so it is a more enjoyable read for you