3: Leaving everything behind

Wei Ying looked at the blood on his fingers after he wiped his lips and chin ... not as much as he thought would come out.

When a cultivator is in such great distress and emotional pain, or a large amount of damage has been done to their body, blood will gather in the lungs and if this bad blood is not expelled, it can harm or kill the cultivator.

However, after being thrown away yet again Wei Ying refused to let them see his pain, risking permanent damage and death.

He would rather risk death than show them anything of the pain that wracked his whole body.

As he fell to the base of the tree, he remembered that first his parents died and left him, and then he lived on the streets being hated and abused by everyone, they would even set their dogs on him. Even when taken in to Lotus Pier, Madam Mu had abused him with that Zidian whip and eventually ... even Jiang Cheng had thrown him away .... time and again he had been rejected.

Disposable.

That was what he was to everyone.

Had he not proved time and time again that he would protect the weak and innocent, protect those who were being hurt for no reason?

Had he not proved his true intentions finally when he fell to his death to save all those, but most of all to stop Lan Zhan from falling and dying with him?

What more did he have to do to prove himself?

They all just used him for his gifts, his power, his abilities ... his strength at mastering Demonic Cultivation ..... Then they just threw him away.

No, it was worse than that.

They call him evil for using Demonic Cultivation but at the same time they all use his inventions that were only possible because of Demonic Cultivation.

Did they not use the Spirit Luring flags all the time now?

Did they not use the compass also?

Was there even one sect out there who did not profit from him using Demonic Cultivation.

It hurt that they would use him and them turn their backs to him.

However, the one who hurt the most was Lan Zhan ... that man believed everything he had been told and didn't even give him time to explain.

That one betrayal was the most painful of his life.

As his heart rendered again, another mouthful of blood landed on the ground.

'I will hate you .... I will hate you .... I will.' He mumbled over and over again, drilling those words into his heart. 'I. Will. Hate. You.'

Back in the Cloud Recesses XiChen looked to his brother. 'WangJi, are you well enough to be standing for this long.' However all he received was a look so over flowing this sadness and betrayal that it hurt to look at .... before his brother turned and walked to his room.

Lan Zhan walked unaided to his room and fell to his bed with hatred filling his heart.

For the first time in his life, he knew what it was to really, truly hate someone to the depths of his heart.

How could he be so fooled by that man?

Why did allow him into his heart?

How did he not see through that act of his?

Tears welled in his eyes and rolled thickly from his eyes.

'Why?' he muttered as he curled into a tight ball and wept silently for being so stupid as to fall in love with a monster like Wei WuXian. 'I will never forgive you.'