2: Just how?

Wei Ying remembered Jin GuangYao's words that made everyone look at him with doubt.

'Wei Ying .... Have you had enough yet ..... Why do you still continue to make me out to be the bad person ...... why do you continue to hide your true motives in the shadows?' Jin GuangYao wiped is eye as a tear fell from his eye. 'Just tell me why you want people to see me as the person behind all of this?'

To these words, the others looked at him as if they believed him. Just when Wei Ying was about to ask what they were thinking falling for this mans words ... there were a group of men in black and red robes breaking into the temple, all yelling that Wei Ying called for them to dispose of someone. During the ensuing fight of which all those men died ... Lan Zhan fell to the ground in dire condition ... when he went to go to him, Jin GuangYao pushed him away.

'Stay away from him; I won't let you kill him. Why are you doing this ... why would you try to kill him ... is he not your friend or was all of that just a lie. A manipulation to make people side with you over me? Why would you try to kill me? I've never done anything to you to deserve this kind of thing. Lan WangJi has always been helping you and you try to kill him? Just how much evil is in your heart Yiliang Patriarch? You are just an evil Demonic Cultivator ... but I will not ask for you to be killed .... You deserve to live with your actions.' he sobbed before continuing. 'Why have you lied too so many people about me Wei WuXian?'

That stupid little man kept going on and on about how Wei Ying had always hated him and tried everything to get rid of him.

Jin GuangYao lifted Lan Zhan's hand with tears rolling down his cheeks and to Wei Ying's horror; everyone looked at him like he was the one who had hurt Lan Zhan.

Just as he was about to say something in his defence, he felt pain explode in his head and the world went black.

When he finally woke up, he was in the Cloud Recesses, tied and bound for two weeks before he had been dragged into this room for the first time. Time and again over the next few weeks that followed, Wei Ying had been brought to this room, his arms bound behind his back. In fact, the only time he was unbound was when it was time to eat.

Master Lan and Lan XiChen had kept demanding answers.

Tell them if anyone else was involved.

Why had he tried to kill Lan WangJi?

Why was he trying to set up Jin GuangYao for everything?

What had any of them ever done to warrant his vile attack on those who helped him?

Why would he act against those who had cared for him?

Even to this moment in time, he had not figured out what had happened and how things ended up like this.

Other than ...................

........... They had always wanted to throw him away and latched onto the first thing handed to them.

Of all the people in this world ... he had expected too much in thinking two of these three would give him the benefit of the doubt. He knew he didn't have a hand in what had happened but not even this tiny group would believe a single word he had to say. Even if he had a mountain of evidence ... they had turned their hearts cold to him.

'Wei WuXian! Because of you, WangJi almost died ... I almost lost my only brother because of you!' Lan XiChen riled with hate in his voice. 'I will never forgive you.'

Wei Ying said nothing; he kept his lips firmly together, refusing any sound to escape. He knew if he opened his mouth at the moment, it would not be just sounds that would escape.