11: Keeping informed

I didn't have a picture to fit this chapter but here ..... these are pictures Lan Zhan took and keeps in his robes. (However, he has others ... hidden in his room that are more intimate.

When Wei Ying was out of sight, the student, Lan DiaFon, turned to his friend with a deep sighed of relief, hand resting over his heart. 'I didn't think I would get permission.'

'Us either. But if I were you, I would make sure your father comes to classes so he knows you were not just shirking lessons.'

'I know. Of all the lessons we are taking here, this is one I never want to be kicked out of ...' he turned and watched the last sight of Master Wei before he left their sight.

'I want the old Wei WuXian back.' SiZhui said and JingYi nodded in agreement even as Jin Ling stepped up with a sad look. 'Are you alright?'

'Yes.'

'Don't fret, from now on, I will come and make sure you are not late again.'

'Thank you ... I dread telling uncle of the Change in Master Wei.'

'When are you seeing him?'

'He is arriving just before the evening meal so I have to tell him just after that. I don't mean he is not a good teacher because he really is but .... Can I ask if you all found the way he is teaching us to fight is easier or harder to follow?'

'I find it so much easier to Change form one attack to the next, I wonder what our parents will say when we return?'

'I will not change back even if my uncle doesn't threaten to break my legs.' Jin Ling said with an almost invisible smile. 'I use to wonder why uncle would say that Wei WuXian was far better than him at fighting and I think I have figured it out. Uncle sticks with the way he was taught to fight and Master Wei has come up with a completely different style. Same stances and attacks but it's the in between movements he Changed.'

'Are you willing to tell your uncle that?' SiZhui asked with a smile.

'My life is worth more than any joy I may feel at seeing his face at my explanation.' They all laughed, however they stopped when they saw Lan Zhan arrive at the arena.

'Good evening HanGuang-Jun.' SiZhui smiled softly as they all bowed.

'Wei Ying?'

'Master Wei has already left for the day.'

Lan Zhan sighed and looked utterly deflated. 'What is your opinion of Wei Ying's teaching and what is ...'

'His teaching is different. He told us that we will not be asked to write anything down as we are to remember it by heart.'

'He may not talk very much but we do understand what he tells us.' Jin Ling said then watched as the others nodded their heads.

'He ... has not taught us anything we should not know.' SiZhui said and the other students all looked at him with a frown.

'I didn't expect him to.' He looked at all the students; each and every one of them had volunteered to be in the class. 'Is there anything negative about the classes?'

'Only if I'm late again without a very good reason, I am out of the class.'

Lan Zhan looked at Jin Ling with a small frown. Would Wei Ying actually throw him out of his class for being late?

'I promise I will make sure you are here before Master Wei from now on.'

'Thank you SiZhui.'

'So none of you want to withdraw from his class.'