35: The day finally arrives

The paperwork had been filled out and stamped to make Wei Ying, Lan Ying a few days before his wedding so by the morning of the wedding, everyone had gotten use to calling him such ... if they forgot, they got a look from Lan Zhan.

That morning Lan Ying was in his home with his son getting ready. He looked into the eyes of SiZhui with a deep frown. 'So, do I look .... Alright?'

'You are beautiful Mother Ying.' He lifted the last thing that was needed and placed it over his head. 'There ...' a knock interrupted them. 'Father Zhan, if that is you again, you may not enter.'

'It's time, Lan Ying is required now.' A happy but soft voice called from the other side of the door.

'Jin Ling, would you help with this?' even before he finished talking Jin Ling opened the door and hurried in.

'I thought you would never ask SiZhui.' He grinned happily before looking at the man dressed head to toe in red, the veil covered his face, but the smile still seemed to shine through. 'So, today makes it official. You will be the wife of ....'

'Husband.' Lan Ying glared at the boy.

'Husband hey? Then tell me, who is the one in the room waiting to be taken to the official husband ... You. Who is the one dressed with beads in your hair with red thread ... You. Who is the one making the biggest fuss ... You. Who is the one taking the others name ... You. You are the one who is the wife so just deal with it.' He laughed when SiZhui used both his hands to cover his mouth to stop the laughter escaping. He then held out a red ribbon. 'You might like to have this.'

'What ... it's a red ribbon ... I am to use a white ribbon ....'

'This was your red ribbon, the one you discarded just outside the Cloud Recesses ... you might like it as a keepsake of ... I don't mean ....'

'Jin Ling.' Lan Ying jumped at him and gave him a hug. 'You really are just as wonderful as your mother was. She would have done the same thing.'

'Really?'

'Of course. She had the kindest heart when I was young, always taking care of me ... and when you find your partner in life, you will be the same.'

'Shut up, stop talking nonsense.' Jin Ling pulled away and looked at the other side of the room so his blush was not seen.

'And that reaction is all your father and uncle. They would all be utterly proud of you.' He placed his hand on Jin Ling's shoulder. 'Trust this uncle and believe that they are watching over you and are incredibly proud of you. If I could have saved even one of them for you ...'

Jin Ling spun around. 'I do not blame you for their deaths and I also know there was nothing you could have done to save them.' He blushed deeply when he received a kiss on his forehead through the veil as a reply.

'How is my Zhan doing?'

'He looks calm to the eye but everyone who looks into his eyes ... as they dart around the room while he is waiting for you, knows he is as nervous as you are.'

'I am not nervous ... it's time to go, lets leave now.'

'You're not nervous at all?' SiZhui asked in amusment.

'Not even a little bit.' He opened the door to go to the ancestral hall. 'It's time.'

'Then if you are not nervous at all, why are you about to walk out of the room without your boots on?' SiZhui laughed happily when Lan Ying raced over and put on his boots before walking back to the door.

'Shut up the pair of you and let's head over. You should both know better than to tease the bride on his wedding day.' He grinned happily when both boys blushed at his words.

'Would you just make up your mind.' They pair yelled together before looking at each other and shrugging.

After the ceremony.

Master Lan and XiChen sat next to Jaing Cheng later during the feast to celebrate the wedding and they chatted happily.

'How did you manage to limit the number of attendance for this?' Jiang Cheng looked at the pair who glanced at each other with half hidden smiles.

'I will not say it was an easy task.' Master Lan all but glared when he remembered the fuss. 'Even this place is not able to hold everyone that wanted to attend.'

'We knew which ones were only wanting to attend to say they were there when two men got married, so they were the first ones eliminated from the list.'

'Then I removed those who still have a grudge against Lan Ying.' Master Lan finally gave into the glare.

'Yes, they actually told me that they were going to come to stop the wedding taking place and yet they were upset they were not invited.' XiChen looked at Cheng and found fury rising in his eyes. 'It's alright, I will never allow that kind of person to ruin this day ... or hurt Lan Ying.' He couldn't help smile.

'And there you go again ... how long before you stop smiling when you use that name?' Jiang Cheng couldn't look at the man beside him when he smiled. XiChen was already a beautiful man but when he smiled with happiness ... it made his heart flutter.

'I have no idea.' Suddenly the bowls of soup arrived and were handed out and the three of them watched the happy couple closely trying to see the moment WangJi switched the bowl ... but they didn't see it happen. But when Lan Ying tasted the soup, they could tell it was not the soup it was meant to be.

'Zhan.' Ying leant on his husbands side with a loving smile. 'How did you do that?'

'Easy, I told the cooks if you had that bitter bowl before you right now, I would be upset.'

Lan Ying laughed hard and felt his husbands arm around his waist and he was pulled a little closer. 'You really are wonderful ... my husband.' He didn't care who saw what he did next, he reached up and pulled Lan Zhan's head down and he kissed him lightly.

Jaing Cheng groaned at the pair. 'They are going to be all lovey-dovey for a while now aren't they?'

'Yes.' Master Lan looked down at his bowl but he still felt his cheeks heat up a little. 'Do you think anyone will be upset if I place SiZhui, JingYi and Jin Ling between the damned pair.' He smiled when his nephew and Jaing Cheng laughed happily.

'Master Lan, are you really willing to tempt your youngest nephews temper like that?'

'It might be rather interesting.'

'Oh, I see now ... XiChen, this is where you got your sense of humour from ... and I really do not think anyone would believe me if I told them.' He kept his eyes on his bowl even when he heard the uncontrolled giggle from the man beside him. He flicked his eyes over to the newly married couple only to see them both watching their Sect Leader with open mouths. 'Now you stop being all lovey-dovey ... all I need to do is keep XiChen giggling and you will not ....' He had to stop when the whole hall burst into laughter.

Just half an hour later Jaing Cheng looked over to talk to Lan Ying only to find both gone. 'Did you see them leave?'

'No ... uncle?'

'No I didn't.'

At that moment the whole gathering stopped when they heard Lan Ying's laughter drifting to them from a distance.

This made the whole hall of people smile.