Chapter 149 - Ancient Power (2)

Start from the beginning

However, this wasn't the end to his good news.

‘If I do well on this Frozen Kingdom episode, I can get over 3 million purchases on my paid video.’

In truth, the part he was anticipating the most in the Frozen Kingdom episode was the profit from selling his paid video.

Before Ahn-jaehyun returned to the past, the Stormhunters guild didn't broadcast the Frozen Kingdom episode live.  The entire episode was filmed, and edited.  Then they put the film on their live channel.

At the time, live broadcasts were considered to be the best way to deliver a content.  However, the Stormhunters decided to try a new method.  Since it was new, it was risky.  However, this attempt lead them to striking gold.

Of course, they didn't succeed just because they attempted something new.  The Frozen Kingdom episode was played over a 15 day period, yet they edited it down to 3 hours of footage.  Moreover, the video wasn't just done as if it was footage from a game.  They planned out the scenario and plot.  They produced it like a real movie.  In this process, the Stormhunters had hired a famous Hollywood director.  They basically created a movie using the Warlord as stage.

‘At the time, they had sold an incredible 3.9 million tickets to the paid broadcast.’

It had been a huge success!

The Frozen Kingdom episode film put out by the Stormhunters didn't get nominated in the Academy awards or Cannes film festival, but it did gain entrance in some famous film festivals. It received favorable review.  This wasn’t something one just forgot about after seeing it once.  It was accepted as a piece of art.

Of course, no one had attempted this yet.  If one wanted to attempt this, one needed a Main Scenario Quest type story to pull it off.  However, no guild had monopolized the Corrupt Count or the Immoral Prince episode.  The Hydra guild had attempted to monopolize the Corrupt Count episode, but in the end, they weren't able to kill the most important figure, the Corrupt Count.  This pretty much nullified their attempt at a monopoly of a content. 

It would be possible to make one with the Immoral Prince episode, but any deal needed the Hahoe Mask's approval.

This was why Ahn-jaehyun's attempt at this would be awesome and fresh to the audiences.

Of course, he was looking forward to this.

‘I wonder if the Romani Films would be able to digest this.’

On the other hand, this was a full-length film.  This would require a lot more professional editing than a regular movie.  It was possible that the Romani film might become overwhelmed by this task.

Of course, the production cost would skyrocket.  He had to expect the cost to be in the range of being able to buy one or two mid-sized sedans.

‘Whatever.’

However, Ahn-jaehyun had enough money to pay it off in a lump sum.

‘It's been advertised properly.  I'll have to do this even if I have to empty my bank account.’

The Main Scenario Quest's content had suddenly changed, but on the other hand, Warlord had given out an incredible free advertisement for Hyrkan.  Everyone would be anticipating the new footage from the Hahoe Mask.  They'll be curious as to how the Hahoe Mask had opened a new era.

If he got past this part, he wouldn't have to spend money on Items.

‘There aren't that many level 200 Items available, and I wouldn't immediately have to spend money in purchasing those Items.’