Chapter 147 - Frost Knight (3)

Start from the beginning

Moreover, no one had attempted it yet, so Hyrkan would be a pioneer.  As expected of someone, who had opened up this new era, he would be achieving these accomplishments first!

This was the reason why he was doing all of this.

Hyrkan didn't have to worry about coexisting with anyone else in the Ruined Kingdom Episode.  He didn't even keep the idea of coexistence inside his mind.  This was the reason why he had insisted on a monopoly.

If he went through the standard procedure, he would have to give up leveling up for two to three months to earn the Mythos Rank power.  He would have to focus solely on the quests.  However, the Ruined Kingdom episode of the Main Scenario Quest gave the Mythos Rank Ancient Power through the Quest Reward.  Of course, there was a caveat that it was only a reward if he was able to get the Quest Reward before all the other Users in Warlord.

Moreover, Hyrkan knew of 5 types of Mythos Rank Ancient Power.

Frost, Flame, Thunder, Darkness and Radiance.

When Hyrkan developed a profound interest for the game, this was the extent of information that had been made available to him.  At the time, there were only two hundred Users that possessed all 5 Mythos Ranked Ancient Power.  It wasn't a lot of people.  It was one year after the Ruined Kingdom and the Skill Enhancement system had been released, yet only two hundred Users had gained the power in a population of millions.  Moreover, only two hundred people had it amongst the people, who had dedicated their lives to this game. 

Of course, Hyrkan hadn't been one of them.  He couldn't even dream about obtaining it.

However, Hyrkan had the chance to obtain one of this Ancient Power right now.

‘This is weird.  The Ancient Power reward for climbing to the top of the Urugal mountain was a Legendary Rank.’

It was his chance to to obtain the Ancient Power of Frost.

It was a surprising opportunity, but on the other hand, he felt a very deep apprehension towards it.

‘So why would the Mythos Rank suddenly show up here....’

However, his apprehension didn't last long.

‘Frost…….’ 

“……wow.”

He had thought about obtaining the Mytho Rank Ancient Power.  However, he never would have expected to obtain it this way.

This was why Hyrkan wasn't afraid of the change.  This wasn't the time to be afraid of the change.

‘I have to seize it.’

Hyrkan estimated how much time had passed.

He had expended more time than expected, because of Nero.  However, he didn't need to take a break by logging out.  On the contrary, this was the perfect time to do this.

‘No matter what.’

At that moment, it was like the time he had faced the Immoral Prince and Argardo....  No, he found a purpose that exceeded the one he had from before.  He had found a purpose that was worth putting everything on the line on this battle.

‘I have to catch it no matter what..’

Hyrkan started running after he exited the secret tunnel leading to Nero.

“Ooh-ha-ha-ha!”

He headed towards the Frozen Throne where the Frost Knight ruled from!

8.