Chapter 143 - The Frozen Land (2)

Start from the beginning

“Your skill is great.  I can't believe you guys were able to track us down.  There had been a great distance between us.”

“I just chased after someone that was very careless with his pouch.  I wouldn’t call that as having a great skill.  It wasn't hard at all.”

After saying those words, Apollo overtly sneered at Natal.  There was no deep reason behind his smile.

‘Hydra guild isn't that great.’

Apollo was able to raise his nose high into the air with impunity against a Head of the Hydra guild.  It felt awesome.

‘Careless with one's pouch?’

Natal had the opposite reaction when he heard Apollo's words.  From Natal's disordered thoughts, a new suspicion was starting to build.

‘Perhaps?’ 

Kah-ahng!

The ongoing blizzard was colorless.

Kwahng!

The ongoing blizzard looked drab.

On top of the white snowfield, Sohank and Sinclair was fighting a fierce battle. The snowfield was being greatly disturbed.  Sword Energies was sent forth every time the Cool Time ended.  The Sword Energies had the power to demolish the ground.  No matter how severe this land was, it was impossible to maintain its pristine condition when the sword strikes impacted on the ground.

The harsh lands couldn't stand up against the sword strikes, and of course, the armors worn by the two Users couldn't be in a good state after facing such attacks.

At the very least, the armors were maintaining its original shape.  The continuous attacks had laid bare the two Users' arms and shoulders.  It was hard to call those parts as being armored.  The helmets were also dented and split open.

However, the swords they held were fine.

Both Users had the best weapons one could acquire.  They didn't care if they fought with no armor!  This was the resolve that befitted the two of the greatest Strikers in Warlord.

However, the part that was tormenting them the most wasn't the damage inflicted by others.

[You are frostbitten.  Your health will quickly deteriorate.]

[In 10 minutes, you will be in a critical condition from the frostbite.]

[The coldness will start dominating your body.  All Stats have decreased by 20%.  Your movements have slowed.]

These wounds could easily be resolved by a Priest's Buff and Heal Skill.  However, without the administration of a Priest, the prior wounds were turning into critical wounds.

Moreover, the two had promised beforehand.  They agreed not to use any consumables.

‘There are too many variables changing on this stage.  Nothing good will come from taking my time.’

‘I shouldn't wait for luck to shift towards me.  I have to end this with my skill.’

The two didn't want to lean on luck.  They wanted to resolve this using their own skills.  This was evidence that they were confident in their skills.  At the same time, if luck was on the other’s side, it would mean the other User had no chance of winning.  This was the evidence of how much pressure was on them.  One could never predict as to who the Lady Luck will smile on.

The battle continued as no one could easily seize the victory, and they were close to reaching their limits.  They unconsciously started wishing for luck to be on their side.