Chapter 141 - Across the Terube Castle Wall (2)

Start from the beginning

This was why the Hyrdra guild put more meaning and gravity to the North expedition.  This was why the Hyrdra guild's best fighting asset was included within the expedition group.  Aside from Sohank, there were 33 other Users included in the Northland expedition team.  Their basic battle capability was high, and they were excellent in many other aspects too.

Their Raiding ability was lacking in comparison to the primary Raid team, but in terms of exploring and regular battles, this force was better than the primary Raid team.

However, after a single week into the expedition, they felt as if the stage they stepped onto was too much for them.  The monsters here were strong.

These were different types of monsters compared to the ones they had faced before.  There were a lot of differences on many fronts.

These corpses, which was about to be turned into ice cream, were a prime examples.

This Hammerhead Giant used its hammerhead to use a Head-butt attack.  It was a bizarre form of attack.  The Deadwood Monkey's camouflage ability was so good that it was chilling.  Moreover, it possessed a poisonous stinger.  For an opponent, it was the worst possible combination of skills to face.

New methods would have to be devised to defeat them..  Still, in another light, this could might drive up the anticipation and fun they would have in fighting them.

The problem was the white furred fox named Crystal Crescent Fox.

“We caught the white furred fox in the forest.”

- Did you kill only one?

“They don't travel in a pack, but we caught three of them.

- So it isn't a rare monster.

“We shouldn't have found it in a forest.  They shouldn't be living here.”

Even in reality, beasts were tailored to the region they live in.  However, the monsters in Warlord didn't always suit their environment perfectly.

However, most of their characteristics were optimized for their habitat.

The Deadwood Monkey exemplified this concept.  It was dressed to function most optimally in forests.  It wasn't a rare monster, and he had seen several of them nearby.

The fox basically pointed to a single answer.

- Snowfield…… It is worth being concerned about it.

A monster that should be at a different stage was in this environment through some special circumstances.

What kind of stage goes well with the white fur?  A white environment goes well with it.

“Yes.  I'm pretty sure a snowfield will appear soon.”

Snowfield.

There wasn't some incredible meaning behind those words.  It was a snowfield.   It was a sight one could see easily in real life.

However, up until now, no serious amount of monsters had appeared in a snowfield or a desert field. Tobo Soft hadn't officially explained why, but most Users had an idea on the reason behind it.

- You'll be working hard.

“If it's just working hard, I’ll count it as a blessing.”

The level of difficulty would be unprecedented.

Let’s say there was a person that could run a 100 meters in 9 seconds.  If this person ran on a snowfield or a sand pit, how much time would be added to the overall time?  It was the same concept for the battles.  Unless one is able to fight from midair, the snow or sand would sharply increase the difficulty of a battle.