Chapter 131 - On the Eve (2)

Start from the beginning

Those words....

Chev only said those two sentences.

At first, Hyrkan didn't understand why Chev had said those words to him. From the perspective of the Red Bulls guild, it would have been best if the Hahoe Mask barely failed the Argardo Raid at the end. Moreover, the Items that can be earned in the Argardo Raid wasn't just any Item. It was  arguably the best Item one could possess compared to all the Items that had released up until now.

When he finally found out about how many live tickets were sold by the Red Bulls, Ahn-jaehyun felt an indescribable pain inside. 

‘Ten percent…… No, I should have at asked for 5%.’

The live ticket for the Red Bulls' Argardo Raid was priced at 5 dollars. They had sold close to 3 million tickets. There was a consensus in opinion that the Hahoe Mask was responsible for the sale of 1 million tickets. Moreover, the Red Bulls were bringing in remarkable numbers in terms of people purchasing the paid video of the Argardo Raid.

If he was able to received 10% of the profit generated by the live tickets and the paid video...  No, even if it was the 5% Ahn-jaehyun wanted, he would have....

“I must have lost my mind.”

Ahn-jaehyun blamed himself for not being able to estimate the money that would have been generated by the Argardo Raid.

Moreover, this wasn't the end of it.  Ahn-jaehyun had also handed over all the rights to his profit from the live broadcast of the Immoral Prince Raid to the Red Bulls.

This was the reason why he was eating this cloudy congee instead of a delicious meal. He wasn't eating congee, because he was out of money. 

His insides were hurting, so he decided to heat up the congee he bought a long time ago. His insides couldn't take anything other than the congee right now.

Of course, Red Bulls' profit wasn't the only problem that was making his insides hurt. The Argardo Raid's affected him much more.  He had spent an enormous amount of capital on the battle. Various stress started to pile on each other, and at the same time, he had pushed himself to the edge for the great battle. After it was done, he unconsciously let go of the tension he had been feeling.

He was quite fortunate that his internal pain could be lesseneed by eating the congee. Since he could eat the the congee, it meant there wasn’t a hole in is Gastrointestinal walls.

‘Shit.’

Of course, this fact didn’t give too much solace to Ahn-jaehyun.

Ahn-jaehyun was finally able to eat the congee after it cooled to a sufficient temperature. There wasn't much flavor to the congee. There was no taste, and there was no texture to it.  He had bought it in the past when the mart sold it for cheap. He had bought it as an emergency provision, so it would be strange to expect any flavor from it.

Moreover, he didn’t have the luxury to enjoy the taste of the congee. The back of his mind was full.

‘It isn't as if I can renege on the contract.’

When he made the contract with the Red Bulls, he hadn't made a verbal contract. He had to put an electronic signature on an actual contract. It was impossible for him to renege on the contract.  Even if he did renege on the contract, Ahn-jaehyun didn't have many choices.

Let's assume he did stop cooperating with the Red Bulls. The only other guilds Ahn-jaehyun could work with was the Hydra guild and the Stormhunters guild. In the end, he would have to make similar agreements to the one he made with the Red Bulls guild.