Chapter 124 - Power of Wealth (2)

Começar do início

‘I have to get my money's worth.  No matter what...’

Of course, the answer was very simple.

5.

In life, a person's voice was an incredibly important tool.  On a brutal stage like a war, if one's voice couldn't reach other's ears easily, it would lose its worth. This was why people used other tools in battle. They used tools like horns or drums that mimicked the rising heart rate of men to communicate.

However, there was a tool that was worth more than one's voice in Warlord.

“What's the current status of Team 8 and Team 9?”

- Team 9 is on standby.

- Team 8 is on standby.

Voice Talk.

Warlord allowed the use of this endlessly useful program. It was able to transmit one's voice in the midst of the very loud and bone chilling sounds of battle.  Its worth as a tool was highlighted in battle.

“It is up to the discretion of Team 9 and Team 8 to join the battle.  Aside from Team 1 to 5, the rest of the teams will move after Team 8 and Team 9 moves.”

Big K spoke as he looked forward.

‘They are finally here.’

It would be false to say the Corrupted army was far away.  One could now see the advancing corrupted army.

Big Kay was part of the team that'll defend the region in the front.

of course, this sector was the hardest to defend. It was a stage where everyone didn't want to be, and at the same time, it was the region that required the most skilled Users.  Since this stage held such significance, Big K was put in charge of this stage.  He’ll also have the final say in what happened.

“Hoo-ooh.”

In truth, Big K didn't want to be in charge of this stage.  If it wasn't for the orders from Red Bulls, he would have used the tips disseminated to everyone by the Hahoe Mask to hunt.  He would have been out there doing the Gnawing method.

This was one of the reasons why Big K let out a sigh with the battle in sight.

‘Jeez.  What kind of a game...’

Red Bulls didn't allow guild members to join the great battle as representatives of the guild.  They were allowed to join as individuals. 

The guilds were looking at the big picture.  Several big factor were preventing them from participating in the great battle in earnest.  However, none of the 30 great guilds had given up on the great battle.  Naturally, they expected a time to come when they would have to enter into the fray in earnest. This was why the 30 great guilds were doing advanced work. 

There were two tasks they were trying to accomplish.

Goodwill. The guild members had to unhesitatingly do the dirty work as individuals.  This will naturally build the trust of the Users.

Experience.  While they were doing the hard work, they would gain more experience compared to the Users, who only did the easy work.  This was a given.

On top of it all, the two tasks were also a measuring stick for the guilds.  Every  company had to choose people, who had the potential to move up in the corporate structure.  One had to separate out the elite amongst the workers that had just entered.  After separating out  the elites, these Users had to mature and be tested on a special stage.  This was such a task for Big K.  There was no reason why he should feel bad about it.  If his results were good, he would move into the 1.5 Raid team at the end of the great battle. This was where the flower of the Red Bulls guild was placed.  He would be placed in a rank that would give him a lot of face.