Chapter 124 - Power of Wealth (2)

Start from the beginning

Hyrkan didn't watch the battle.

This was the reason why he couldn't recall any memorable battle scenes from this protracted battle. The only scene he remembered was himself throwing the Bone Explosives.  Basically, he remembered a variation of the same scene as if a camera was taking multiple shots at once.

Instead, Hyrkan remembered a number.

‘118.’

It had been 10 minutes since the battle had started, and he had caught 118 Corrupted Monsters. There were over a thousand of them, and the the number was closer to being two thousand.  The number of monsters he had killed was like a thorn in the Corrupted Army's side.

Hyrkan broke down the battle into numerical figures. He felt this approach left much to be desired. 

‘Corrupted Werewolf.  Use 6 Bone Explosives, and dispatch the Skeleton Knight.'

He was like a finely tuned machine.

He honed in on a target, and he used just the right number of Bone Explosives to crush the armor.  After he finished acquiring aggro and armor breaking, he dispatched the right amount of force needed to take down the monster.

This type of battle gave off a little bit of a different feeling than the any of the battles from before.

Intelligent.

‘The cool time of the Curses has been reset. I should get ready.’

He calculated the cool time of all his skills, and he put the right number of underlings in the right locations. The way he was conducting the battle was possible not because of his experience or intuition.

Moreover, it wasn't as if Hyrkan stood back as he commanded.

He stepped in when there was an emergency. If he determined his underling was about to be killed, he didn't hesitate to step forward.

This was the exact situation he was in.  A Kobold has swung its hammer, and it had destroyed the knee of a Skeleton Warrior.  The Skeleton Warrior fell in place, and the Kobold's hammer was about to fall like thunder on top its head.  Hyrkan was already next to the Kobold as he used Body Slam with his sword placed right in front of him.  He sent the Kobold flying.

Kwah-jeek!

He had a powerful weapon called the Black Kobold King's Sword. For this battle, he looked the other way as he purchased the weapon for a slightly higher price than its usual market price.  The weapon, which he had paid a hefty sum, pierced through the Kobold's armor and skin.

He carried the Skeleton Warrior on his back, since it hadn't recovered for its injury yet.

The magical energy consumed in repairing the Skeleton Warriors wasn't a problem.  However, if a Skeleton Warrior was destroyed, there was a cool time before it could be re-summoned.  This was why Hyrkan had stepped forward.

It was very hard to participate in a battle, and think at the same time.

Furthermore, the situation on the battlefield changed a lot when Hyrkan participated in the battle field.  Every move he made required a new calculation, and Hyrkan was able to quickly carry out the calculation.  Hyrkan would survey the battlefield, and he was able to finish his calculation based on this information. 

It was an incredible feat.

Moreover, it was something very unusual.

So what made Hyrkan different from the normal Users?  Moreover, why did this difference allow him give an effort of 120%?