Chapter 115 - The Foe that Gives Generously (2)

Start from the beginning

If one put a positive spin to it, he had a very fiery and cool personality.  On the other hand, these characteristics made him easy to catch.

In truth, Whistling had easily fallen for their provocation. When they had surrounded him, he didn't avoid the fight.  Whistling actually went on the offensive.

However, the problem started from there. The target of Whistling's sudden attack was Apollo, and Apollo was defeated before he could do anything.

‘Well, maybe it was because Pitbull is amazing.’

Chiroro clicked his tongue when he thought about what had happened.

It had been a terrifying sight.

Whistling used the Charge skill to close the distance with Apollo in an instant, and he used Body Slam on his opponent.

Apollo's corpulent flew away like a balloon, and Whistling followed after him.  Before Apollo could hit the ground, Whistling's skill-infused sword strikes struck Apollo's body.

Kah-ahng, kahn-ahng!

The consecutive sword strikes dented Apollo's armor.  In the end, Whistling was able to sever Apollo's left arm and right knee.

The sudden attack and the Body Slam had made the contest into a one on one battle. He used that brief moment after connecting his skill and sword strikes to use the Body Maiming method.

‘Also, I never expected him to run away at that point.’

After showing his almost godlike techniques, Whistling ran away the moment he saw an opportunity.  This was the most unexpected part of all of this.

Whistling.

Whistling's personality didn't allow him run away. He usually just accepted his death as he fought on in a hopeless situation.  He was called Pitbull not just because of his appearance.

Anyways, if Apollo had been able to hold out, they wouldn't have lost Whistling.

‘I can't believe he was sent flying from a single blow.’

Chiroro couldn't hold back his mocking laugh when he once again thought about what had happened to Apollo.

‘The Items are wasted on that bastard.’

Apollo's Items were the best one could get at level 140.  He had a Unique set.  It was an Item setting that even Chiroro wouldn’t be able to acquire. He was wearing such Items yet he was defeated with a single blow.

‘Money is everything.  Yes, money is everything.’

The halo of his father was over Apollo.  He had bought off the other officers, and he had been lucky in being able to hold a weakness over a particular officer.  Apollo would have never become an officer of the Big Smiles guild if he didn't have all these factors going for him.

Moreover, the officers of the Big Smiles guild and the guild members that had similar rank as him welcomed Apollo's appearance. They wanted to receive the crumbs that would fall off Apollo's table. 

This was true for Chiroro too.

‘Well, I'll wipe his butt, and I'll receive ample amount of money for my troubles.’

This was why Chiroro was sticking so close to Apollo's side. He wanted to get the crumbs by being the closest to Apollo.

Apollo was letting out steam as he kept expressing his anger.  Chiroro was ridiculing him inside as he tried to hold back his sneer.  At that moment, a message from the Voice Talk program arrived .