Chapter 113 - Black Tree (3)

Start from the beginning

“However, you are the only one able to equip the Circlet of Purification right now.  You will have to do the Armor Breaking.”

However, the Circlet of Purification couldn't be transferred. To be precise, it returned to its liquid form when held by someone other than Whistling.  This was why the Armor Breaking or the expansion of the knothole was Whistling's job.

Hyrkan's role was to occupy the several dozen tree branches, so Whistling could focus on his job.

“It won't be easy.  This is especially true for you, Hahoe Mask.  If the task becomes too arduous, you can just leave me behind.”

If one looked at the difficulty of their tasks, Hyrkan's role was overwhelmingly more difficult.  Since Whistling had the Circlet of Purification, he had to just climb the tree to attack the knotholes.  He had a body that could easily climb a cliff of 90 degree to 150 degrees.  The act of climbing a tree was nothing to Whistling. Moreover, the Black Tree's Bark was so rough that one could easily find the handholds.

On the other hand, Hyrkan had to face several dozen wild tree branches.  It was almost impossible to imagine how a single person could pull it off.

It was such a difficult task that Whistling had told Hyrkan to run away if things got bad.

“Huh.”

However, Hyrkan's reaction to Whistling's reaction was unexpected.

“No, it isn't really that hard...”

“What?”

Whistling was surprised.  However, Hyrkan didn't give an explanation.

“You are the one doing the hard work.  My role is just to put a bow on at the end.”

Whistling soon found out the meaning of Hyrkan's words.

9.

The process of finding the Black tree had been complicated and difficult.  Just hearing about how Whistling did it made Hyrkan dizzy.

The first requirement was to receive the Black Tree's Curse Quest from the Tehkee tribe.

However, to find the Black Tree hiding within the lush forest, one needed to find the 'Compass Twig'.

However, one could receive this twig only if one had high affinity to the Mooah tribe.

At the same time, one needed the 'Tree Alarm Clock' from the Soorey Tribe to be able to wake up the Black Tree.

Of course, the order of obtaining these Items happened in reverse order.  One had to increase affinity with the Soorey tribe by doing Quests related to them.  This will allow one to establish a connection with the Mooah tribe. Then one wouldl be able to receive the request from the Tehkee tribe.

If one was crazy enough to do all the Quests related to the Elven tribe, one would be able to do the Black Tree hunt.  Currently, Whistling was the only User that had reached this point.

However, at that moment, Whistling was thankful that he had developed a good relationship with Hyrkan.

‘How surprising.’

At the same time, he was in awe.

Whistling had climbed up the body of the Black tree, and he was widening the knotwholes.  When he looked at Hyrkan from the side of his eyes, he saw 15 Skeleton Warriors nimbly dodging the Black Tree's branches.

Hoo-oohng!

The tree branches were letting out a heavy sound as they flew towards the 15 Skeleton Warriors.  It was like watching a circus show.  It didn't feel like a battle at all.