Chapter 113 - Black Tree (3)

Start from the beginning

They had to make preparations for the battle.  Of course, Hyrkan didn't need to see the footage.  He already knew how to take down the Black Tree.  However, he couldn't explain that to Whistling.

Whistling immediately showed the footage of his battles with the Black Tree.

The Black Tree was quite big.  It was around 30 meters tall.  If ten broad shouldered men linked hands, they would barely be able to surround the circumference of the tree. The special characteristic of this tree was the long and thick strand-like branches.  It was closer to whips than tree branches.

Its attack method was quite simple.  It took root into the ground, and it swung its whip-like branches towards its enemies.

It was very simple, but the power behind the strikes were enormous. The tree branch headed towards its target as it divided the wind.  The sound of the strike would make anyone's neck stiffen.  

Whitling had tried attack the Black Tree twice.

In the first attempt, Whistling barely dodged the rampaging tree branches.  When he approached the main body of the Black Tree, he used his Charge skill to immediately close the distance.  Then he used a high level Booster skill, and the Flash Skill.  These skills increased the power and speed of the sword strike.  Then he used a level 150 Rare Fighter skill called Cut-Cut.  He had maximized the cutting force of the sword to the extreme.

However, when the three skill combo impacted on the Black Tree's Bark, it left behind a cut that was only an inch deep.

It might be a critical wound on a human, but an attack of that caliber wasn't even considered to be a scratch.

On this second attempt, Whistling aimed for the knothole.  He once again evaded the tree branches as he closed the distance with the Black Tree.  Then he aimed for one of the knotholes.  The wound was deep, but Black Sap exploded forth from the wound, and it coated Whistling's body.

At the same time, the Black Tree tried to shake off Whistling, who was stuck to the tree like a bug.  It used its branch to send Whistling flying. 

After being flung far into the distance, Whistling immediately got out of there.  When he saw the Black Sap eat away at his HP, he immediately realized he couldn't catch this monster by himself.

From that point, it took him three hours before he had contacted Hyrkan.

“Its characteristic are…….”

The video had ended, and Whistling started to give a more in-depth explanation.

“I can see it for myself.”

However, Hyrkan immediately cut off Whistling with his words.

“The Tree Bark has a very high defense. Instead, we have to attack its weakness, which is the knotholes.  However, if the knothole is attacked, it'll let out the Black Sap. It is probably a poison.  No, you would have just used an antidote item if it was just a simple poison.  You were prepared for this possibility.  This means antidote item and skill won't work on this attack.”

Whistling was impressed at Hyrkan's explanation.

“You are amazing. You just saw the footage once, yet you were able to come up with those answers.”

“It isn't anything amazing.”

Hyrkan displayed an ambiguous reaction, and he immediately changed the topic towards the Raid.

“The Circlet of Purification will block any negative effect caused by the Black Sap.  This is why Chieftain Drah gave you that Item.”

The solution to the biggest obstacle had already been provided.