Chapter 111 - Black Tree (1)

Start from the beginning

It was also difficult to purchase the gold through cash.  He couldn't purchase 100 thousand gold in one sitting.  When he saw the additional fees that was deducted at each transaction, Hyrkan truly felt frustrated.

Anyways, he cleaned out everything he could give up to reach the 100 thousand gold.  He even emptied the money he had set aside for his payment and maintenance fee for the V Gear.  He also emptied next month's subscription fee.  Of course, he emptied his food money too.  He stocked up on a lot of delicious ramen, cheap coffee and grape candies.

There was no way Hyrkan would be in a good mood. Hyrkan wouldn't have reached this point if such things didn't bother him.

He followed after the quiet Peun.  Hyrkan sharpened the knife before his inside could rot away.

‘If he really was lying, I'll hit him an amount equal to his likes on his video.  Every time he gets an additional like, I'll beat him to death again.’

Bbah-dook, bbah-dook.

The sound of Hyrkan grinding his teeth filled the silent hallway.

2.

“Which Tree Map do you want?”

After descending the numerous steps, they reached a space where not a single iota of light reached.  It was an underground cell.  It felt as if he was being sent to an underground prison for donating 100 thousand gold.

Moreover, unlike before Peun spoke with a very cold voice. 

‘Patience.  Be patient.’

His temper was worsening considerably.  He pushed down his anger as he replied with his choice.

“Body Modification.”

“Black Magic Body Modification.  Please wait a moment.”

After several minutes, Peun opened the door once again, and it gave Hyrkan a scroll.  The scroll was large enough that the sides of the scrolls were protruding even as Preun carried it with both hands. 

“I'll return in 30 minutes.  Please come to a decision before then.”

Peun handed over the scroll then it immediately left the room.

Then....

Ddoo-roo-roo, kwahng, kwahng!

The sound of several locks turning roughly assaulted Hyrkan's ears. Hyrkan smirked.

‘It feels like I'm paying them to treat me like an inmate.’

“Hoo-ooh!”

He wiped the smirk off his face, and a long sigh immediately escaped his mouth.  Several emotions were mixed in with the sigh.

He was sighing because he had paid 100 thousand gold to see this old scroll.  He was also sighing in relief, since it seemed Woody hadn't lied.

Then there was the final feeling...

‘Shit.  If I see something I like, I bet I'll once again empty out my account to buy it.’

Seeing is wanting.

There might be some amazing skill he hadn't known about in the Body Modification Skill Tree.  Eventually, he knew he'll be tempted to buy it, and he would inevitably have to fork over a massive amount of money. He was worried about the future, so he let out a sigh of worry.

As the sound of his sigh made up the background noise, Hyrkan opened the scroll.  He kept unfurling the scroll, but it abruptly came to an end.  It was like unfurling a toilet roll, and the scroll ended at the level 190 Skills.  It looked like the one half of a scroll.