Chapter 109 - How much? (1)

Start from the beginning

There was a saying in Warlord that said the Users above Ranking 100 drove German cars, and the Users below 101 drove Chinese cars.

This was why the Users in the top 100 and the experts in the 30 great guilds were able to reinvest their money back into the game.  This was also the reason why the highest level Items were traded at a ridiculous price.  At the same time, it created a wall for any Users outside of these groups.

‘I have to climb over it no matter what.’

Ahn-jaehyun had gone through great tribulation, so he could eventually leap over this wall.  When he was given the chance, he had to jump over it. He had to do it in a single attempt.  He had to accelerate than jump over it!

He couldn't incrementally close the distance, then climb over the wall gradually in secret.  If he took that approach, he would basically be shitting out a bloody stool.

‘Let's get to level 140 first.’

“In truth, I still don’t understand it.”

Hydra guild.

It was a unique guild where nine heads represented the guild. Amongst the Warlord Users, they were viewed as an elite think tank.

They used a variety of routes to gather information, and it was something a normal User couldn't even attempt.  When they gathered all the substantive datas, they used it to predict information that hadn't been released to the public, and they acted on these predictions. It was safe to say they were an elite think tank within Warlord.

If one found out about the real identity of the nine heads, one's mouth would fall open.  Most graduated from named universities, and one member had already achieved great success in Silicon Valley.  These individuals would never have to worry about money in their lifetime.

They were all very sharp, but not everyone here had a great academic background.

It was the second head Sohank.

He was someone that was very far from being described as an elite mind.

“Why do we have to work with those two? Didn't they steal from us?  Instead of working with them, shouldn't we be finding ways to punish them?”

He was the body.

Sohank wasn't there to use his head.  His role was to be the body that they could use.

In the end, Warlord was a game where everything was settled with the fist.  This was why they needed a powerful fist, and Sohank was that powerful fist.  This was the reason why he had become the second head.  In regards to Raids and battles, he had the authority to order the 9 heads into action.

This was obvious, but an organization would be a mess if all the upper management were strong, but dumb.

Natal was the eighth head.  His role was to stick close Sohand.  He had to explain and convince Sohank to go along with the plan.

“We can't repeat the mistake made with the Corrupt Count.”

“No. Those bastards stole the Corrupt Count we were going to catch!”

“They didn't steal from  us.”

“What are you saying?”

“Our enemy is the secret information dealer that gave them the information.”

Sohank had a stubborn expression on his face at Natal's explanation.  It seemed he didn't buy the explanation.

“Still, why do we have to team up with the crazy cow and the crazy bitch, who’s like lightning? This is this and that is that.”